No announcement yet.

Leo Santa Cruz: Golden Boy told me Santa Cruz vs Mares in May 2015

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Yeah its also their fault he hasn't the balls to fight Quigg or Frampton either.
    Quigg has hand injury

Lsc wants that fight

I'm tired of all this "scared" talk

Fighters aren't scared to fight other fighters

Stop being so naive

Lsc named his son after al haymon himself for goodness sakes. He's gonna listen to whatever he says.

Comment

Yeah its also their fault he hasn't the balls to fight Quigg or Frampton either.
      Frampton is fighting his mandatory in Avalos. Quigg got injured while fighting a nobody and won't be available until the summer.

LSC isn't ducking anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
        Quigg has hand injury

Lsc wants that fight

I'm tired of all this "scared" talk

Fighters aren't scared to fight other fighters

Stop being so naive

Lsc named his son after al haymon himself for goodness sakes. He's gonna listen to whatever he says.

LSC claims he wants the fights they've already turned down Quigg by saying they won't travel to the U.K after openly saying he would!

He won't fight Frampton either or Rigondeaux. He is moving up to avoid all the champions and threats to fight a very vulnerable overachiever that is trying to rebound from a devastating loss.

Every fighter feels nerves and gets scared, they're only human at the end of the day. Some bite the bullet others tremble.

It seems they only sign with Haymon as an excuse to avoid tough fights though I think this whole its upto my promoter excuse wore thin along time ago, like they have no say in who they fight.
        Lara a Haymon fighter spoke up and got a big fight with Canelo as did many others. Stevenson, LSC and so on are just looking for easy fights whilst hiding behind a weak excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
          Frampton is fighting his mandatory in Avalos. Quigg got injured while fighting a nobody and won't be available until the summer.

LSC isn't ducking anyone.

They are now what about for the last 18 months when Hearn and so on was making offers and they was calling him out? He was contempt on being quiet and fighting unranked bums moving up several weights and old fogies.

All smoke and mirrors, he will get mopped if he ever grows some balls. He is a total fraud. The very definition of a paper champion hiding behind the 'promoter' excuse.

Everyone gives Stevenson **** for this but this guy is no better. At least Stevenson has fought legit opposition.

3 excuses for not fighting 3 separate world champions.

Comment

Dude Santa been with al haymon for years

Santa credits haymon to being rich now when he was extremely poor beforehand

Santa himself is not ducking these guys

He even said himself he might lose to rigo but if that's the fight the fans want then so be it- when someone is so brutally honest I take them for their word

A loss does damage a fighter's stock and fighters' handlers realise that - this is the reason for the matches we saw this year

Casuals know nothing about boxing- they are the problem. They can easily be fed bull****.

Like I said anybody who thinks these fighters are scared of other fighters are being naive. They fight to provide for their families. If Leo could make more fighting rigo he would

Comment

He wanted nothing to do with Quigg before he was injured.
              He wants nothing to do with Frampton despite it being a much bigger money fight than Mares and for a world title.
              He won't fight Rigondeaux because of networks, hes a runner etc

Truth = **** scared of fighting anyone with a pulse.

Comment

They are now what about for the last 18 months when Hearn and so on was making offers and they was calling him out? He was contempt on being quiet and fighting unranked bums moving up several weights and old fogies.

All smoke and mirrors, he will get mopped if he ever grows some balls. He is a total fraud. The very definition of a paper champion hiding behind the 'promoter' excuse.

Everyone gives Stevenson **** for this but this guy is no better. At least Stevenson has fought legit opposition.

3 excuses for not fighting 3 separate world champions.
                Leo isn't ducking anyone.
                He isn't going to the UK to fight Quigg because he doesn't have to. Something Quigg himself acknowledged. I'm sure we'll see a Santa Cruz vs Quigg or Frampton fight soon. Probably after Mares/LSC and Frampton/Quigg which in itself is a huge fight in the UK.

Comment

My only question is the weight. If at 122 then Leo's title would be at stake? I see it pointless if it's at a catchweight of 124, 126 would be good but would Leo jump in weight class without previously testing waters? Regardless I am stoked about this brawl.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                    My only question is the weight. If at 122 then Leo's title would be at stake? I see it pointless if it's at a catchweight of 124, 126 would be good but would Leo jump in weight class without previously testing waters? Regardless I am stoked about this brawl.
                    Don't matter what weight, the fight will be exciting.

If they put it on a Cotto/Canelo undercard, you're talking big PPV numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                      Dude Santa been with al haymon for years

Santa credits haymon to being rich now when he was extremely poor beforehand

Santa himself is not ducking these guys

He even said himself he might lose to rigo but if that's the fight the fans want then so be it- when someone is so brutally honest I take them for their word

A loss does damage a fighter's stock and fighters' handlers realise that - this is the reason for the matches we saw this year

Casuals know nothing about boxing- they are the problem. They can easily be fed bull****.

Like I said anybody who thinks these fighters are scared of other fighters are being naive. They fight to provide for their families. If Leo could make more fighting rigo he would
                      That is the fight that fans want!

It can also help raise a fighters stock. If he even took the fight with Rigondeaux he would get big credit let alone if he was remotely competitive.
                      He'd learn more from that fight than all these cherrypicks together.

If its about money then why won't he fight Frampton in Belfast? Frampton as I am sure you know does crazy numbers, he has a whole country behind him.
                      Is it because his team know he losses that fight?
                      How can you call yourself a world champion if you're scared to risk your undefeated record?

Quigg also a big draw and is a winnable fight for him I don't understand it.

Comment

Working...
                      X