No announcement yet.

Cotto not playing arum and oscars game says date still up in air

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto not playing arum and oscars game says date still up in air

Miguel Cotto was on hand at the WBC Convention and while the masses were celebrating the past and the future at the Convention, the focus of Miguel Cotto-Canelo Alvarez could not be escaped by Cotto. Is the deal done? Is it close? Miguel Cotto played Miguel Cotto well with a poker face and poker answerws

Were just waiting on our dance partner. Were always going to pick the best option,; Cotto told ThaBoxingVoice.com. All weve discussed with Canelo is up in the air, all is negotiations, and there is nothing definite at this point.

Oscar De La Hoya had went public letting the world know that Canelo had agreed to his part of the deal, Cottos response was, If its done in Oscar*s mind and in Bobs (Arum) mind but in Miguel Cottos mind, its not.

When asked about his newly announced mandatory Gennady Golovkin, Cotto stated, Hes a great fighter and a great champions and well see what happens next.

Cotto told ThaBoxingVoice that the Canelo side now has his terms and the balls in their court now.

Weve made what we wanted clear to the other side and now were waiting on the other side to respond, explained Cotto. Miguels always going to go to what benefits Miguel the most, so now were just waiting. All I want is the best for my career. I didnt put any conditions on Canelo. Im simply just letting them know what I think Im worth and earned the right to do so throughout the years. The balls in their court so now they can decide what they want to do.

Cotto said the date and venue have no preference and anything being mentioned is all rumors in the air.

Theres nothing concrete right now so im going to be patient and its all speculation so well see what the new year brings.

source: ThaBoxingVoice http://thaboxingvoice.com/cotto-on-n...-its-not/37182
    Last edited by Cinci Champ; 12-21-2014, 02:34 AM.

Lol at the rate there might not even be a cotto vs. Canelo fight unless canelo gets on his knees. That's clearly what Cotto wants

Comment

so it sounds like cotto is not playing arums oscars and canelos vs mayweathers games. he pretty much made it clear may 2nd is not set in stone and fact they say it is seems to be pissing him off.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shmurda View Post
        Lol at the rate there might not even be a cotto vs. Canelo fight unless canelo gets on his knees. That's clearly what Cotto wants
        i mean i think hes just tired being pawns in their game and now its his turn but fact is they only want cotto for may 2nd to overthrow mayweather otherwise any fighter will do cause unless canelo fights ggg no fighter knocks mayweather off may 2nd

Comment

This whole date nonsense is an embarrassment.

Comment

cotto keeps acting like he is entitled to everything, i bet he wants the corners with his face on it next

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1836 View Post
              cotto keeps acting like he is entitled to everything, i bet he wants the corners with his face on it next
              lol cotto making arum look bad here comes the cotto hate in 3 2 1 i just find it ironic they are using this may 2nd crap and its obvious cotto has not even begun negotiations plus why would cotto want to fight on may 2nd i just find it funny he made it clear may 2nd canelo cotto is nothing and i doubt he even wants to fight may 2nd
              Last edited by Cinci Champ; 12-21-2014, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                lol cotto making arum look bad here comes the cotto hate in 3 2 1 i just find it ironic they are using this may 2nd crap and its obvious cotto has not even begun negotiations plus why would cotto want to fight on may 2nd i just find it funny he made it clear may 2nd canelo cotto is nothing and i doubt he even wants to fight may 2nd
                The ****? Jesus, stay in school. I just killed a few brain cells 'cause of you.

Comment

http://instagram.com/p/wxVvD5hIh2/

From Cotto's instragram.

Check the date on the poster.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                    http://instagram.com/p/wxVvD5hIh2/

From Cotto's instragram.

Check the date on the poster.
                    That's not cotto ig

This is

http://instagram.com/miguelcottoreal