No announcement yet.

Why is Roy dissing Floyd?? he should feel his pain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Roy dissing Floyd?? he should feel his pain

When both were on top both were/are criticized for not taking the best fights

Both while at top were known for going the distance and not stopping opponents

Roy for whatever reason never became a huge draw(a great talent and a good trash talker) but never became a huge draw..

Both have defeated several champions in several divisions

SO WHY IS ROY DISSING FLOYD???

Roy is an ATG..my favorite fighter before Floyd..but i don't get it

Time for operation death threat?

Comment

It comes off a bit surprising because Roy has always showered Floyd with praises. However, it's pretty similar to Lampley, who bashed Floyd after he moved to Showtime on his program. It's not hard to see why Roy is doing this, plus he trains Vargas and is campaigning to get his fighter (and himself) a big money fight against Emmanuel Pacquiao. At least Max Kellerman has kept his integrity.

Comment

I guess it all depends on perspective but the way I remember it Roy was the one who was fighting no-hopers and being praised for it while BHop couldn't even get a fight due to him self-promoting and was getting killed for his quality of opposition. Didn't Roy stay at #1 p4p one year while Hopkins dropped from like 3rd to 9th for wrecking two meh opponents?

BHop had the opponent pool of Pac with what at the time would be considered a Floyd level of hate while Roy could've fought anyone he wanted and had the PR war handily won. Funny how things worked out 15 years later.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post

Roy for whatever reason never became a huge draw(a great talent and a good trash talker) but never became a huge draw..

I dont think he is dissing him. I think he is telling the truth.

Comment

He is simply telling the truth when not under the network spotlight and being forced to spew lies at his job

Comment

What did he say?

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post

Maybe because he feels he tried to fight the best etc etc where as Mayweather has no desire to fight the best.

Thats basically what Jones was saying., he also went on and say mayweather is boring as hell and that no one would watch him if he would have fought pacquaio already.

Comment

Why didn't Roy fight Benn, Eubank, or McClellan?

Comment

Truth hurts. Roy can say what he wants, he beat Hopkins, toney and a hw, all better wins than Floyd and the guys on his résumé like Ortiz and Guerrero, although he didn't knock them all out(richard hall) he beat their ass instead ud after ud. He above anyone can criticize.

Comment

Working...
                    X