Why is Roy dissing Floyd?? he should feel his pain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by B Phontain View Post
      Looking at some of these comments I feel like i can make a pretty good estimate on how long some people been watching boxing on here
      HAHA. Yup. I saw somebody give Floyd the same diss that could be applied to Roy back in the day. Top down, I think Floyd's resume is just as good as Roy's to be honest.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        I don't wanna start anything racial, but the truth is...

It's something my History professor told us (He's black), about African Americans naturally hating themselves and eachother. You will see Floyd getting praise from every other race/nationality other than White/American and African American. In fact what I have learned in person, from college and work, is that the majority of Americans (Black or White) hate Floyd and think he's boring. While most of his actual fans are of other nationalities. In my native country, Dominican Republic, they love Floyd over there. Every Black co worker I have spoken to about Floyd, don't like him and feel Pacquiao is better. While Hispanics are more convinced of Floyd and say he is the best.

Again, I don't mean to turn this into a racial thread, i'm just going by my experience. There's literally no African American person I have spoken to that likes Floyd. I'm actually surprised there's some on this site. Floyd is even liked more in the UK than U.S. I suspect he gets a lot of PPV buys from Hispanics.

Oh and what a coincidence, my History prof, who's black, also doesn't like Floyd Mayweather. BTW, i'm not saying ALL white/black people hate Floyd, there are exceptions. But exceptions are just that.

Are you familiar with the expression "familiarity breeds contempt"?

Comment

Working...
        X