Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great News: Cuba may possibly start to allow fighters to leave Cuba.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Articles

http://www.newsday.com/sports/boxing...ship-1.9732343

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/cubas-boxer...o-deal-1480287

This Third Article is Unrelated to this issue but it is about a cuban fighter and I thought it was interesting

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/a-cub...n-boxing-champ

Comment

I love how some people are generalising all Cuban boxers based on Lara's performance against canelo. By that logic let's base all american fighters on Floyd's performance against maidana of Ukrainians against Klitschko's performance against povetkin.

A lot of Cubans are actually exciting fighters. If you bothered to watch footage you would see that. Hell gamboa's exciting too and he was a product of the same amateur system you are badmouthing.

Comment

Hopefully some more will come over, with the few already in pro boxing, there are more champions that countries with thousands of pro boxers.
        The majority will fail-but at least try-, some will be decent and a few may get to be champs, so it's life, there will be fans and haters, so it's life too.

Comment

Originally posted by Wuckoo View Post
          I love how some people are generalising all Cuban boxers based on Lara's performance against canelo. By that logic let's base all american fighters on Floyd's performance against maidana of Ukrainians against Klitschko's performance against povetkin.

A lot of Cubans are actually exciting fighters. If you bothered to watch footage you would see that. Hell gamboa's exciting too and he was a product of the same amateur system you are badmouthing.
          ^^^^^^This

Comment

Coming to America could be a bad thing, we've got so many fast food restaurants, clubs, beautiful women, etc. anything you want. You can live a very nice lifestyle, that will be the biggest challenge, resisting all the things the US has to offer, getting fat and lazy.

Comment

hopefully they all dont fight like rigondeaux.

come to america.

leave your amateur boxing style behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                Coming to America could be a bad thing, we've got so many fast food restaurants, clubs, beautiful women, etc. anything you want. You can live a very nice lifestyle, that will be the biggest challenge, resisting all the things the US has to offer, getting fat and lazy.
                Like solis eating himself out of his chances, see that happening too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post

this is hilarious, but i think it's a great point. you've got guys like gamboa and rigo, and then you got guys like solis.

Comment

Originally posted by otrocubiche View Post
                    Like solis eating himself out of his chances, see that happening too.
                    Solis is approaching Arreola and Ruiz levels of being fat.

Comment

I watched Robeisy Ramirez in the 2012 Olympics and was in awe of the skills he showed us when winning gold, at the age of 18 too, so if Cubans were allowed to leave and turn pro then he would definitely be the guy I would follow most.

If this is true then you would see the pro ranks change drastically.

Comment

Working...
                      X