Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great News: Cuba may possibly start to allow fighters to leave Cuba.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    The pro-ban was self imposed by Cuba, it wasnt due to the embargo. This is all speculation but hopefully it happens.

The ban has already pretty much been left last year for baseball players
    The "ban" period was imposed for all Cubans trying to get into this country! That's why people were risking/losing their lives trying to get into the US by way of raft! What's your point? They did it to themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
      you can say that about anybody. If they boring like lara I hope they dont I rather see mayweather go undefeated then to see someone lara on top, call me a hater IDGAF but that entire cuban style is just horrible to watch.
      You so full of $h1t, had you ever watch Savigne, Ortiz, Ramon Luis, Socarras, Gonzalez, Dorticos and the rest of the Cubans, or you just mad because ginger couldn't catch up with Lara?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Yes they will turn to garbage fighters with the American boxing system. What makes them great is their own boxing system. Once Cubans start getting raised here and growing up with the U.S. boxing system, yeah they will suck.
        As of right now, as long as they actually come from Cuba, they have the potential to school anyone.
        Yes you are right, just like the first and second generation Cuban ballplayers, Arenado, Jon Jay, Hosmer, Fernandez, Ibanez, Canseco, Palmeiro, Avila, Castellanos, Vina and dozens more...

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
          Im on board. To see more of the cubans will be a treat for boxing fans across the globe imho.
          That is so true.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
            Watch Julio Cesar La Cruz. This guy is exciting. Don't generalize about all cubans being boring. They are good fighters. Don't deny it, you would be be celebrating like it was the 4th of July if Lara outboxed Mayweather.
            True, true. I'll check him out in a bit and get back to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
              True, true. I'll check him out in a bit and get back to you.
              Did you check him out. If I could give him a nickname, I would call him the Shark, Because when he smells blood in the water, he goes in for the Kill. The vid is from the World Series of Boxing. So the refs are very protective of a fighters safety if they are taking too much damage. A little over protective IMO.

Comment

All of the above.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                  They are people too. Now you can really see how talented they are. They might have someone who could outbox Mayweather.
                  Suffice to say if they did, Mayweather would not fight them. Ask Erislandy Lara, Manny Pacquiao and now possibly Khan.
                  Last edited by Weebler I; 12-20-2014, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                    Suffice to say if they did, Mayweather would not fight them. Ask Erislandy Lara, Manny Pacquiao and now possibly Khan.
                    Pacquiao and Khan cannot outbox Mayweather. Lara possibly could.

Comment

Hopefully Rigondeaux tells these fighters when they come over to stay away from Arum because He will throw them under the bus. They need to Hook up with Tom Loeffler, and I don't think Loeffler is exclusive to HBO, so he can get them some slots on Showtime. Tom Loeffler is a good dude. IMO the best Promoter in Boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X