Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cotto vs Canelo and Mayweather vs Pacquiao/Khan conflict master thread!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make it a double header, it will sell like mad - there will be enough money to pay Canelo and Cotto probably more than they'd get in a separate PPV against each other while Mayweather and Pacquiao get career high paydays by a mile.

Mayweather vs Canelo supposedly did 2.2 million, I'm certain Mayweather vs Pacquiao with Cotto vs Canelo on the undercard will push it close to 3 million, **** it put Khan vs Broner on the undercard too - Khan will more than likely beat him and it would set up Khan vs the winner.

If only Boxing fans could decide what goes off

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      The Showtime thing I agree with.

Numbers 2 and 3:

Why would Arum prioritize Canelo vs Cotto over Mayweather vs Pacquiao? And why would Floyd wanting to fight on the same week of May he's been fighting for the past 8 years, be a road block? So Arum decided that non-Mexicans are no longer worthy of fighting in Cinco De Mayo, so we have to follow what he says? There was no issue with Pacquiao vs Mosley and Pacquiao vs Hatton taking place in Cinco De Mayo week, why is it an issue now?

Drug testing is no longer an issue. Floyd brings it up when reporters say Pacquiao has no problem taking drug tests, he just says all he ever wanted was an even-playing field. That's about it. I don't see him bringing up any issues with drug testing.
      I see what you're saying but the business side of things I understand what Arum is trying to do. It makes logical sense hosting the Hispanic superbowl(Canelo/Cotto) on the biggest Hispanic holiday here in the states. It's going to do very well on that date specifically but if you look at the pac/may fight, people are going to buy that fight any day of the week. It's THE mega fight that has to get made. It doesn't need specific days to maximize profits. I mean realistically put yourself in Bob's position and understand his point of view. I would do the same thing. Bob is a hypocrite dude, no doubt but again I understand why he wants Floyd off that date. My question to you is, is Floyd so egotistical and hate Bob Arum that much that he wont give up that date knowing why bob wants it? Floyd isn't oblivious to what's going on.

In terms of the drug testing, there was a interview where Floyd went to the WBC convention and they said what he thought about the fight in general and he brought up the drug testing as well. My question to you is, if Floyd is really interested don't you think he will be saying stuff like, let's have a meeting and make the fight happen or my people will talk to his people and we'll do it for the fans? At least something about the actual negotiations but no, bring up dead issues.

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_ego View Post
        In terms of the drug testing, there was a interview where Floyd went to the WBC convention and they said what he thought about the fight in general and he brought up the drug testing as well. My question to you is, if Floyd is really interested don't you think he will be saying stuff like, let's have a meeting and make the fight happen or my people will talk to his people and we'll do it for the fans? At least something about the actual negotiations but no, bring up dead issues.
        Smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_ego
          https://mobile.twitter.com/oscardelahoya

Check out Oscar's last tweet. Looks like it might be official.
          Decipher that for me I don't tweet. It appears to be that he didn't say much.

Comment

That tweet means nothing.

Comment

^Check out the new tweet. According to Oscar, they agreed to all of Cotto's demands, including the 50/50 split and It's been like that for 6 weeks.
              Which is what he meant a couple weeks back on how they were done negotiating and had agreed to all terms set by Cotto.

Comment

wow what a great f*king fight.

WARRRRRRR CANELO...

Comment

That's what I thought too. I think a lot of people were trying to twist words around for whatever reason. I think Cotto might be up to something or waiting if the offer has been on the table for almost two months.
                  Some dudes were trying to interpret that as Canelo had agreed to his own terms, like wtf ?

Just makes you think those rumors about the Haymon offer are real.

Comment

I spoke to a source of mine today. I met him in vegas a few years back and I meet up with him when he comes to vancouver once a year. He is very good friends with Jeff Mayweather and actually introduced me to him and also michael irvin he introduced me to in vegas as well. He told me today that the fight aint happening. He said that they have targeted cotto the entire time and have been offering major money to cottos side. That they believe cotto will take the deal as win or lose he can fight canelo after and have two massive paydays. He told me that people including jeff mayweather said that floyd hasnt started any, I repeat any negotiations with pacquiaos side and that cotto was plan a with khan plan b and pacquiao they are interested in but after his two fights are over and he is a free agent and then cbs will have to offer more massive money for the pacquiao mayweather fight. This guy is 100 percent friends with jeff and knows floyd as well. He likes floyd but admits that he along with others in floyds gym dislike the fact he doesnt want the pac fight.

Comment

At this point, I don't think floyd will fight in May..

I can see manny vs Vargas, canelo-cotto, khan vs Brook in wembley,, all for next spring and floyd being left out in the cold..

Maybe floyd dumpster dives and pulls up danny Garcia, but at fight won't excite the masses.. Danny has literally lost all the momentum he had after the lucas win

Comment

Working...
                      X