Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Andy Lee make Haymon/Kid Chocolate look foolish?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
    what kind of person is in the entertainment business but has a complete media blackout???????????

can somebody answer me that?

how can you be doing business in the entertainment industry and have a complete media blackout policy?

only hardcore criminal gangsters employ that kind of anti media policy.
    The guy loves trannys and doesn't want to get outed by the the gang of trannys that ran through him.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      I am not trying to troll or anything but I do not see how Quillin made out with anything here, he lost his bargaining chip(WBO strap), he really doesn't have a fan base, he is obviously beatable but still risky so why now would any notable fighter from another promotion be put in with him?
      Showtime, for whatever reason (Haymon) still has interest in showing Peter Quillin.

-Quillin, regardless of how you feel about his situation, is still the second or third best middleweight on the planet.

-Jacobs(c) vs Quillin (wba) is a fight that Showtime is interested in airing.
      -Jermain Taylor, IBF champion, is in a legal situation that could see that title come vacant (Haasan N'Dam vs Quillin/Jacobs winner for the vacant belt makes sense).
      -faced with the specter of fighting IBF/wba champ Peter Quillin or WBA champ Gennady Golovkin, I don't find it all that hard for Andy Lee (WBO champ) or other middleweights to opt for Quillin

Only thing that would change the calculus, imo, would be if Golovkin can push HBO to put him on PPV. Because beyond that a fighter, as the opponent, is fighting Golovkin or Quillin for the same money.

The beauty of having a TV partner backing you.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Showtime, for whatever reason (Haymon) still has interest in showing Peter Quillin.

-Quillin, regardless of how you feel about his situation, is still the second or third best middleweight on the planet.
        Yeah but what does that mean. Martin Murray is arguably the third or fourth best. The fifth best is me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
          what kind of person is in the entertainment business but has a complete media blackout???????????

can somebody answer me that?

how can you be doing business in the entertainment industry and have a complete media blackout policy?

only hardcore criminal gangsters employ that kind of anti media policy.
          good point, only a good for nothing scumbag would hide as much as Haymon does. Don't buy any of the "he's a behind the scenes" bull crap

Comment

All I know is that Lee looks like the man now. He might not beat GGG but he is proving that he is one of the toughest, hardest punching dudes out there from 154 to 160.

Comment

Originally posted by OldAndroidGuy View Post
              good point, only a good for nothing scumbag would hide as much as Haymon does. Don't buy any of the "he's a behind the scenes" bull crap
              That's because he's a shady criminal and that's what shady criminals do.

Comment

This is an unequivocal YES. There is no argument for otherwise, this is objective.

Comment

Yup, He also made my boy boo boo Andrade look foolish

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post

-Jacobs(c) vs Quillin (wba) is a fight that Showtime is interested in airing.
                    -Jermain Taylor, IBF champion, is in a legal situation that could see that title come vacant (Haasan N'Dam vs Quillin/Jacobs winner for the vacant belt makes sense).
                    -faced with the specter of fighting IBF/wba champ Peter Quillin or WBA champ Gennady Golovkin, I don't find it all that hard for Andy Lee (WBO champ) or other middleweights to opt for Quillin

Only thing that would change the calculus, imo, would be if Golovkin can push HBO to put him on PPV. Because beyond that a fighter, as the opponent, is fighting Golovkin or Quillin for the same money.

The beauty of having a TV partner backing you.
                    I have a feeling Taylor's belt is up for auction to the highest bidder. Also that auction has a quick closing date due to his future incarceration. I suspect Miguel Cotto or Kid Chocolate/Jacobs will win the bid. It seems like GGG has a low ceiling from HBO to entice fighters. He needs to destroy Lee or Lemieux to raise his pay scale.

Comment

Originally posted by low blows View Post
                      I have a feeling Taylor's belt is up for auction to the highest bidder. Also that auction has a quick closing date due to his future incarceration. I suspect Miguel Cotto or Kid Chocolate/Jacobs will win the bid. It seems like GGG has a low ceiling from HBO to entice fighters. He needs to destroy Lee or Lemieux to raise his pay scale.
                      I don't think that would even work; Golovkin has been built as a middleweight wrecking machine. Taking on Lemieux or Lee does nothing to change that. Golovkin needs to be thrown into a dangerous situation; a fight where he doesn't walk into the ring as an 8:1 favorite.

Being kinda serious, he's going to need something like a fight with Andre Ward if he wants to break through. That fight isn't likely to happen, but that's what he needs; a fight where he walks into the ring with serious doubt as to the outcome.

Why not go after Demetrius "Boo Boo" Andrade? He's a 6'1 rangy southpaw, with range, can punch, and can fight going forward and backward. People will knock him coming up from 154, but Andrade heads into the fight with clear tools that would pose problems to Golovkin.

Frankly, Golovkin needs to go up 8 pounds, for at least a couple fights (a la Anderson Silva fighting at 205 when he knocked off all of the guys at 185).

Comment

Working...
                      X