Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Andy Lee make Haymon/Kid Chocolate look foolish?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    No. Kid Chocolate made himself look like a chicken champ when he refused to defend his title and gave it up rather than fight the mandatory challenger months ago. Lee just showed that good brave fighters will fight anyone their weight and it paid off for him in a great win and a world title that Chocolate did not deserve.
    Yes but at the advice of Al Haymon.

Comment

Originally posted by OldAndroidGuy View Post
      Andy Lee stepped right in and knocked out the guy Haymon and Kid Chocolate avoided by vacating not only their belt, but a career high payday. Do Haymon and KC look like complete idiots now? I'd be pissed if I was KC!
      No because Quillin didn't avoid Korbov. Quillin didn't fight because Jay Z of roc nation has a dispute with Haymon, Quillin's manager.

Comment

No. Andy Lee made Andy Lee look good.

Comment

Based on how Quillin looked vs Konecny & Rosado, I think Korobov would've beaten him in a competitive fight. I think Haymon might've felt the same way. Before Roc Nations even made a bid, GB made no negotiation attempts with TR for the fight. They were treating this the same way as they did the Russell-Lomochenko fight, going in they knew they're guy wasn't the favorite so they wanted to maintain control over the event to give their guy an edge. Russell walked away from his defeat with a ridiculous SD loss.

Not only did Roc Nations taking over the fight rub Al the wrong way, but it took away that 'extra edge' they could've provided Petey. Loss-Loss for Al. Now he still has a pawn on his board in Quillin, who's a recognized top MW with a zero in the loss column.

From Pete's perspective, if he truly believed deep down in his heart that he was going to make easy work of Korobov, then he must be freaking out. He could've kept his precious belt and made $1.4mill dollars, but even more so - made big time headlines for debuting under Jay-Z's inaugural promotion, and still be ready for his 'BIG' plans in 2015. He would've been a celebrity for being the focus on that show, that was a rare opportunity he passed up. Yeah he must be tripping in the back of his mind and clinging to hope that Al's going to come through for him in an extra way.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
            Al Haymon is a *****. The only reason he doesn't show up in public is because he knows he would get beat up. There's a group of boxing fans hunting for him at events to jump him. And Kid Chocolate is just the lowest form of life that could possibly exist. He is so disgusting, just disgusting. I think more highly of the toilet paper sitting next to my toilet than him, and this is no ****ing joke.
            LOL, that cannot be true!

Comment

Made Quillin and the Haymon crew look like cowards. This is boxing! Not no fantasy show!

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                Al Haymon is a *****. The only reason he doesn't show up in public is because he knows he would get beat up. There's a group of boxing fans hunting for him at events to jump him. And Kid Chocolate is just the lowest form of life that could possibly exist. He is so disgusting, just disgusting. I think more highly of the toilet paper sitting next to my toilet than him, and this is no ****ing joke.
                It is not that Serious...CALM DOWN!

Comment

bob arum might be a cancer to boxing but al haymon is full blown aids to boxing.

Comment

what kind of person is in the entertainment business but has a complete media blackout???????????

can somebody answer me that?

how can you be doing business in the entertainment industry and have a complete media blackout policy?

only hardcore criminal gangsters employ that kind of anti media policy.

Comment

Well Kid Chocolate to be honest...IS NOT THAT GOOD! I think Andy Lee could probably beat Kid Chocolate!

It puts PRESSURE on them if anything, Haymon better have a genius plan for Quillin in 2015 to make up for him dropping his title. I don't think the match up in the ring was the Issue for Quillin, I think he would've beaten that guy as well! I think Demetrius Andrade would've beaten him also.

The issue for them clearly was working with Roc Nation! Roc Nation is doing a great job making Haymon and his fighters look BAD with these Purse Bids I will admit that lol

Comment

Working...
                      X