Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comment Thread: The Greatest Ever! Ranked By Their Accomplishments.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment Thread: The Greatest Ever! Ranked By Their Accomplishments.

Since "The Greatest Ever" Accolade only applies to undefeated fighters so...

So theirs only 3 of note and we will rate them by who they beat.

Greatest Ever

#1. Joe Calzaghe - Defeated Fighter of the Decade Roy Jones Jr, and Defeated ATG HOF'er Bernard Hopkins.

#2. Rocky Marciano - Defeated HOF'er Joe Louis who is considered one of the greatest heavyweights of all time.

#3. Floyd Mayweather Jr. - Won a Split Decision against Oscar De La Hoya.

They unbanned you that fast?

Comment

love how you added "comment thread" at the beginning of the title

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post

Greatest Ever

Waaaay past prime Oscar who had not had a good win since 2002

Comment

Originally posted by B0XEO View Post
          Waaaay past prime Oscar who had not had a good win since 2002
          yeah I was going to add that but didnt want it to lean on side of opinion and just wanted to state the facts.

Comment

Ricardo Lopez, Sven Ottke, Laslo Papp, Jimmy Barry, Terry Marsh all retired undefeated.

Comment

This at won't last long. But I'm sure another will take its place.

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post

Greatest Ever

#1. Joe Calzaghe - Defeated Fighter of the Decade Roy Jones Jr, and Defeated ATG HOF'er Bernard Hopkins.

#2. Rocky Marciano - Defeated HOF'er Joe Louis who is considered one of the greatest heavyweights of all time.

I think Corrales was mayweathers best win, and marciano waited till Louis was out of his prime to fight him. And calzaghe should have a 1 on his record because he lost that fight to Bernard Hopkins

Comment

I agree with the first two but mayweather doesn't belong on that list. He is hardly top 100 of all time, let alone top 3 of anything... EXCEPT defense, I can place him in the top 20 best defense of all time.

His best wins have been against shot, past their prime fighters. I don't see how one could make an argument for floyd being a legit champion.

Comment

He makes a good point but some of you seem to be missing it.

Even if being undefeated were a prerequisite to being the "best" ever...... Floyd wouldn't rank #1 among undefeated fighters

Comment

Working...
                    X