Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does Manny Pacquiao rank of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does Manny Pacquiao rank of all time?

I looked in google and i haven't seen this thread made but my bad if it has been made before, let me know and i'll delete it.

Where and why?
    G.O.A.T
    3.85%
    Top 2-5
    17.31%
    Top 10
    21.15%
    Top 15
    15.38%
    Top 20
    15.38%
    Top 30
    7.69%
    Top 40
    1.92%
    top 50
    13.46%
    Top 100
    3.85%

Not sure but check my sig-ring voted him the 26th best since WWII.

Comment

Top 15-Top 20.

He's done alot for the sport, lot of great fights, not enough to rank him in the Top 10 where I put some of the usual ATGS

Ali, Duran, Leonard, Marciano, Holyfield, Julio Ceasar Chavez SR, but he's definitely a top 20.

Comment

Originally posted by LinealChampion View Post
        Top 15-Top 20.

He's done alot for the sport, lot of great fights, not enough to rank him in the Top 10 where I put some of the usual ATGS

Ali, Duran, Leonard, Marciano, Holyfield, Julio Ceasar Chavez SR, but he's definitely a top 20.
        Fair enough but how do you rank Chavez Sr above Pacquiao?

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
          Fair enough but how do you rank Chavez Sr above Pacquiao?
          Draw against Pernell Whitaker, I know a disputed decision.

Beat Hector Camacho, Meldrick Taylor, Roger Mayweather TWICE, Haugen

Most of these fighters most wont be alarmed by, but these guys were as tuff as the top guys on Pacquiao's resume or better.

Meldrick Taylor >>>>>Tim Bradley, Margarito, Algeri

Also Pernell Whitaker boxes the socks of Tim Bradley and Juan Marquez in one night.

Comment

Originally posted by LinealChampion View Post
            Draw against Pernell Whitaker, I know a disputed decision.

Beat Hector Camacho, Meldrick Taylor, Roger Mayweather TWICE, Haugen

Most of these fighters most wont be alarmed by, but these guys were as tuff as the top guys on Pacquiao's resume or better.

Meldrick Taylor >>>>>Tim Bradley, Margarito, Algeri
            Like you said it was a disputed decision at the most generous.

Roger Mayweather? lol Roger was a good world champion but we are talking top 10 all time great and a win like that doesn't live up to those high standards.

Meldrick Taylor was a great win, but lets face it he was a talented never-was. On talent he may be greater than Bradley but he sure don't have the resume of wins Bradley got.

Camacho was a good win but nothing better than what Pacquiao's got.

Comment

Top 20 ATG

But top 10 and higher in heart/unique story. I understand the slums in the US,...but the slums in the PI, is a different ballgame. Forced to drop out of school in the 6th grade to hustle on the streets to help provide for his family? that's pretty crazy.

legit 7 division champ and lineal in 4 weight classes

If he had stayed at 135-140 longer, he would've been an ATG at those weights, but he didn't stay there and defend there very long unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
                Like you said it was a disputed decision at the most generous.

Roger Mayweather? lol Roger was a good world champion but we are talking top 10 all time great and a win like that doesn't live up to those high standards.

Meldrick Taylor was a great win, but lets face it he was a talented never-was. On talent he may be greater than Bradley but he sure don't have the resume of wins Bradley got.

Camacho was a good win but nothing better than what Pacquiao's got.
                Oo ok, good points

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer
                  i don't think you can say meldrick taylor is a better win than beating bradley.

meldrick was definitely very talented with good hand speed and boxing ability but bradley was a more accomplished junior welterweight and ranked higher p4p (in the second fight). and bradley has a better welterweight resume.

plus chavez was without a doubt losing against meldrick taylor. whereas pac won clearly both fights against bradley.
                  Let's stop pretending Bradley is a boxing god, dude got a GIFT Decision against Pacquaio in the first bout, DUCKED Amir Khan a fighter known to be glass chin and called a bum on NBS daily.

Almost killed, like legally killed against Ruslan.

Meldrick in Prime was definitely a more dangerous fight.

Look, im still giving him is just due, and If I take Chavez Sr out of the top 10 I can still find 10 more people to replace him with other than Pacquiao.

Comment

IMO top 40-50.

Comment

Working...
                    X