Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does Cotto rank amongst your most over hyped boxers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
    Technically 3 1/2. Catch weight remember?

Cotto stans are just like Floyd's fanbase. Grrrr catch weights until their fighter started doing it.

Haha, you're just mad cuz Cotto retired your Lord and Savior Margacheato. Log the fuk out clown, you're the biggest Cotto hater on this website.

Comment

Hmm. I don't think Cotto is an elite ATG, but hard to justify calling a man with 4 weight class titles over hyped????

Comment

Originally posted by TheRichCoward View Post
        I think you meant he's a "class act," not "world class." Right?

If that's the case, I agree. He's a stand up dude.

good fighter, just a notch below elite

Comment

Originally posted by pvj View Post
          Hmm. I don't think Cotto is an elite ATG, but hard to justify calling a man with 4 weight class titles over hyped????

broner is one fight away from winning titles in a 4th weight class. is he over hyped?

Comment

Cotto has had some great fights. The war with Torres is actually one of my favorite fights. Cotto is def not an all time elite as much as PR's want him to be. When hes fought the best, hes lost. But he does have some good wins under his strap, Judah 07, Mosley 07, Paulie. The beating he took against Pac just shows you he is not at the elite level no matter how you look at it, but I do give him credit for getting in the ring with a monster like Pac. Even though he had spots where he looked like he was giving Floyd fits, you knew Floyd had the fight under control and hurt him real bad in the 12th.

Comment

Red username = mod, no?

Comment

I mean he has fight the best and gave them all tough fights.....

Comment

What is his best win, is it mosley, a fight he barely won? Margarito II, where he struggled despite having a busted orbital bone to target all night?

Put on queer street by Torres at 140, he is lucky he never fought Hatton, Kostya or Mayweather there. Rocked by Judah. Rocked by busted hands mayweather at 154.

Won his 154 pound title by beating Yuri ****ing foreman. Lost it to ESPN Trout.

Won his lineal middleweight title at 159 by beating Shot Sergio with busted ass knees.

Gift decision over Clottey.

He has FOUGHT a lot of big names, taken on everyone... but his best wins were all fights he barely won, got rocked in, or got a gift on. All of his work above 147 has been meaningless.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                    Smh always an excuse with Cotto!

And don't be so disingenuous with that ''bricks'' remark.
                    Ok forget the bricks, he beat him in rematch so it's even. But... he still used bricks in the first fight regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                      You're laughing because... You agree I would imagine.

Comment

Working...
                      X