No announcement yet.

How Good Was Ricky Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tedkidlewis View Post
    Everyone loves Ricky, he was a great personality but obviously his career got ruined by addiction and maybe by not quite being elite....

But truth be told, he was the Undisputed champion of his his division and that's a rare feat in modern boxing.

How good was he? Most people just think of the Pacquiao KO these days but beyond that....

Opinions?
    Hatton was elite. He is a lock for the HOF.

THERE'S ONLY OOOOOOOOOOOOOONE RICKY HATTON!!

Comment

Originally posted by solo20 View Post
      garbage fighter anybody who thinks this guy was good DONT KNOWN CRAP ABOUT BOXING PERIOD
      You are a garbage poster, who DKSAB PERIOD!

Comment

Hatton was very very good Stop ****ing hating

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
          Pac could be black as crude oil, i will never give credit to him for his wins over Hatton and Cotto...i know Pac was drinking those Ariza special shakes when he faced the faded version of Ricky Hatton

Roach recently admitted he was su****ious of those shakes and felt Ariza was giving Pac banned substances, thus Ariza was let go

By the way fella i dont care about colour, unlike u, i support all fighters from all backgrounds..although i tend to support British boxers over others when they face other nations, but i give credit where credit is due
          You know the man on your sig was on those shakes and was still getting Knocked down or out by B level fighters right?

Comment

Hatton at his peak (03-05) was a terrific 140 pressure fighter.. He had a short shelf life due to his style as most pressure fighters decline fairly early, but his dethroning of tszyu is one of the best wins in the past 15 years.. Add in dominant wins over castillo, maussa and pauli and hatton had a very good career,, I think he is a hall of famer IMO

Would have loved to seen a faded hatton comeback vs faded morales or Judah

Comment

Originally posted by Tedkidlewis View Post
              Everyone loves Ricky, he was a great personality but obviously his career got ruined by addiction and maybe by not quite being elite....

But truth be told, he was the Undisputed champion of his his division and that's a rare feat in modern boxing.

How good was he? Most people just think of the Pacquiao KO these days but beyond that....

Opinions?
              Man, at his best, physically and psychologically ready, he was a beast of a little fighter. How was he not elite? He beat just about everybody that mattered in the division, stopped a lot of guys, was strong, quick and knew how to put on a show. His only losses come to the two best fighters of his generation.

It's sad we never got to see Hatton v Cotto but oh well.

Put him into todays mix and he'd beat just about anybody at 140lb, Garcia would probably be his toughest foe due to his counter punching abilities.

Comment

Only lost to the two best fighters of this era despite being a limited fighter in terms of skill.

Not an ATG by all means but he's not exactly an "over hyped bum" like many people see him after those losses.

Comment

Too good for domestic level, but not elite level either. I always placed him at world class until the partying caught up with him.

Comment

Quality fighter, i wish he was around a bit later than he was though, I'd have paid good money to watch him beat the living **** out of Broner.

Comment

so good he ducked junior ****ing witter

Comment

Working...
                      X