Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao vs Algieri PPV numbers so low TR/HBO wont release them

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL ... reading this thread is pure comedy.

Comment

• I love how people keep mentioning that Pacquiao had turned down the 40 million like it was a poor decision. That's a case of Monday Morning quarterbacking if I've ever seen it.

In early 2012, when Floyd made the phone call, Pacquiao had just come off three successive 1-mil + PPVs.

The $40 million offer was such an obviously poor attempt at a lowball that even when it was announced, Floyd's OWN PR GUY was on twitter saying it wasn't true, and Floyd diehards were trying to convince everyone the offer wasn't true and was merely a rumour. Why? Because everyone knew it was and absurdly low amount for a fight that would easily generate more than 200 millions dollars in revenue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        Arum wouldn't have gone back to Macau after the Rios fight if the hit they take in PPV sales wasn't being balanced by something else.

Opening up the Chinese market comes into it too of course. Amazing that Arum still has those sort of ambitions at his age. His commitment to making money is something else.
        Well, it's not something new to Arum. Arum has held events outside the U.S. market in the past, as long as decades ago. So it's not so much about his ambition, it's more about his experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Furn View Post
          People are under estimating the value of free tv rights

Doesn't Manny get like 40-50 millions viewers on the Philipines alone ?

In a western country, 1 viewer for 1 hour is worth (very roughly) around $1 in advertising revenue. Now in a poor country with less money to spend its worth a lot less but even if it's only 5c an hour on the Philipines and China etc, that's 2 hours at say 100 mil viewers which is $10mil.

Then there's ppv on other countries like Australia and NZ (a lot of Asians live there) and free TV in wealthy countries like Germany where viewership is worth a lot more.

So there's more money out there than the obvious ppv and gate etc.

For example Indian cricket tv rights are worth a fortune even tho it's a relatively poor country and on free TV and 1/3 of the country doesn't even have TV.

Arums a smart guy he knows how to find other ways to make money.
          The PI, is going to pay Top Rank $10m dollars (~450m PI peso) to air a Pacquiao fight. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
            Arum said he would like to get him on HBO a couple times before he makes a fight with him and Manny. So that means at least two fights. I guess it depends on who those two guys are and how it goes for Vargas.

Meanwhile lets see if Floyd will accept the boxing worlds challenge that Arum has been negotiating with the CEO of Floyds contract and get in the ring with Manny Pacquiao. I'm just saying meanwhile, while we wait for Vargas two HBO fights.... right?....HELLO...CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!
            You idiots choose to blame Floyd just because you don't like him. How the hell can you believe that Arum is negotiating with the President of CBS but isn't speaking with Mayweather Promotions.
            Pac has turned down three offers. How many offers has Mayweather turned down from Pac's camp? Not one. Because they have never made an offer. They talk to the media but when it's time to put up or shut up they get quiet. Pac's camp just turned down 40mil with a 35% ppv upside, and your dumb@$$ still blames Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayblack View Post
              You idiots choose to blame Floyd just because you don't like him. How the hell can you believe that Arum is negotiating with the President of CBS but isn't speaking with Mayweather Promotions.
              Pac has turned down three offers. How many offers has Mayweather turned down from Pac's camp? Not one. Because they have never made an offer. They talk to the media but when it's time to put up or shut up they get quiet. Pac's camp just turned down 40mil with a 35% ppv upside, and your dumb@$$ still blames Floyd.
              Espinoza deleted that post with the offer. What that probably means is theyre still negotiating the terms, but not with this sorry stooge. With his boss.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayblack View Post
                $40 million offer is a roadbock designed to duck the fight. You're not seven years old are you? A duck who retired young to avoid tough competition shouldn't have nerves to offer anything. Your idol is scared doe. Truth hurts. I know.

Comment

• Originally posted by LinealChampion View Post
                  Yes it's relevant too the negogiations because money is everything, lets be real, but as far is people saying.

O Pacquiao shouldn't have fought this guy or May shouldn't have fought this guy because he brings nothing to the table, I just wanna see the best fight the best period.
                  agreed but even the most avoided fighter in boxing ggg has used it as an excuse not to fight the likes of andre ward im not trying to get into a ward ggg debate the point is when the most feared fighter in the sport {mostly his handlers} is using money as a reason not to fight a competitive fight then you know were in trouble

Comment

• Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
                    $40 million offer is a roadbock designed to duck the fight. You're not seven years old are you? A duck who retired young to avoid tough competition shouldn't have nerves to offer anything. Your idol is scared doe. Truth hurts. I know.
                    uhhhh no dude its greedy but to say hes using it as a way to duck the fight bs its still more money then manny ever made to say its a way to duck the fight is ridiculous its greed not him being scared

Comment

• Originally posted by ostinato View Post
                      I love how people keep mentioning that Pacquiao had turned down the 40 million like it was a poor decision. That's a case of Monday Morning quarterbacking if I've ever seen it.

In early 2012, when Floyd made the phone call, Pacquiao had just come off three successive 1-mil + PPVs.

The $40 million offer was such an obviously poor attempt at a lowball that even when it was announced, Floyd's OWN PR GUY was on twitter saying it wasn't true, and Floyd diehards were trying to convince everyone the offer wasn't true and was merely a rumour. Why? Because everyone knew it was and absurdly low amount for a fight that would easily generate more than 200 millions dollars in revenue.
                      ok fine so what about now that hes getting under 500k buys except when he fought bradley which had easiest built in drama in boxing history and now the offer has 35 percent ppv revenue. im not buying it unless they finally agree to one of floyds offers

Comment

Working...
                      X