Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you think prime Ali would have done in todays heavyweight scene?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
    Ali-Wlad would probably look like a cross between his fight with Terrell and Wlad's fight with Haye, with the difference being Ali would let his hands go when Wlad misses (something Haye froze on). Ali would respect Wlad's power but Wlad's lack of countering ability would work against him. Ali would get there first most of the time and outpoint him.

It would be God awful to watch.
    exactly the way I would have seen it. wlad missing and ali peppering him with quick combos enroute to a ud. wouldn't have been a good fight stylistically

Comment

Don't see anyone that could beat him, but some of the quicker HWs could make for some interesting fights. Like Haye or Chambers. Be funny watching Wilder swing at air. Wlad doesn't even have a punchers chance at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by 2shameless View Post
        Don't see anyone that could beat him, but some of the quicker HWs could make for some interesting fights. Like Haye or Chambers. Be funny watching Wilder swing at air. Wlad doesn't even have a punchers chance at this point.
        yea,,,ironically I think it would be the smaller lower ranked guys that would give ali a better fight than guys like wlad (hed still win big tho). ali ate up the big powerful guys for breakfast

Comment

I'll give Wlad the respect of saying he has a shot. He is a good fighter with smarts and a punch, he might land a big shot. I'd heavily favor Ali, though, he's a nightmare for Wlad.

No one else stands a chance. Easy, easy work. The beatings someone as fast and light on his feet as Ali would put on so many flatfooted, slow fighters is almost depressing to think about.

Comment

TBE he would be, untouchable.

And please dont compare him to Floyd, Floyd is a kunt a weasel basterd, Ali is a legend.

Comment

Beats everyone other than Wlad probably no problem. If Wlad and Vitali were in with Ali in terms of all 3 active at once would be funny, probably the belts changing hands ... Wlad would probably be cagey as **** v Ali and would be a bad stylistic matchup...bad fights to watch and probably bad results for Wlad...but with Vitali I think we would have more entertaining fights.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                I'll give Wlad the respect of saying he has a shot. He is a good fighter with smarts and a punch, he might land a big shot. I'd heavily favor Ali, though, he's a nightmare for Wlad.

No one else stands a chance. Easy, easy work. The beatings someone as fast and light on his feet as Ali would put on so many flatfooted, slow fighters is almost depressing to think about.
                I'd also say Wlad has at least a puncher's chance... He may be slow as fk compared to Ali, but the guy is a giant with freakish power and he's also in pretty good shape compared to most HWs. I'd still say prime Ali schools Wlad and embarasses him though.

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
                  Beats everyone other than Wlad probably no problem. If Wlad and Vitali were in with Ali in terms of all 3 active at once would be funny, probably the belts changing hands ... Wlad would probably be cagey as **** v Ali and would be a bad stylistic matchup...bad fights to watch and probably bad results for Wlad...but with Vitali I think we would have more entertaining fights.
                  out of both vitalik and volodya id give vitali a better shot jsut because of vitalis heart and chin....but i still think ali wins by UD

Comment

easiest answer..He would be champ

Comment

Working...
                    X