Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao looked super fast in the Algieri fight, hasn't looked this fast since 2010

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
    yeah, maybe it was just a combination of things; being 28, prime, probably having his most dedicated camp thus far because it was Oscar De La Hoya. Oddly enough, I don't think he ever looked quite that sharp again, he was twitchy like you described for Hatton, but afterwards he became more flat footed (from a de la hoya-pacquiao perspective).
    i 100% agree, father time is a *****. and i would imagine his following camps were never as dedicated with all the extra stuff in his life

Comment

Originally posted by TMTForever View Post
      exactly..he looked fast because the guy algeria wasn't throwing anything with authority..so pac could run in on him all night..the first straigh right he eats from floyd will end all that running in with his hands down..
      Pacquiao Isn't going to run In on Mayweather so that eliminates that argument. What makes you believe that Pacquiao has such little regard for Floyds skills that he would implement that particular gameplan? The real question will be how will Floyd deal with and adjust to Pacquiaos speed and deadly straight left hand.

Comment

I think Manny is still pretty fucking fast.

I think that it he has lost a gear, and some of the ferocity he has shown in the past.

It's called age, and fights and punishment against a whole bunch of high level opponents.

There are levels to this shit, and Algieri was clearly not on it.

Do I think Manny is still fast enough and offensively effective to beat anybody at WW?

Yes. Even Floyd.

But is he the same dynamo that he was only a couple of years back?

No.

Comment

Really? Im going to have to watch again on DVR but Manny didnt look any faster; to be honest probably the slowest I have seen.

I think thats from holding back. I dont think Pac want to hurt people, he could have hurt that kid bad.
          Last edited by jsmith_tsu; 11-27-2014, 01:20 AM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith_tsu View Post
            Really? Im going to have to watch again on DVR but Manny didnt look any faster; to be honest probably the slowest I have seen.

I think thats from holding back. I dont think Pac want to hurt people, he could have hurt that kid bad.
            I think during the 2nd half of the fight Pacquiao turned it up while Algieri turned it down. Pacquiao's speed & timing really showed after the 7th round.

Even in the Bradley fight, Pacquiao locked down the 2nd half.

Comment

It was the weight. He was eating his way up to 147 therefore slowing him down. 140 pac would be a ucking wrecking ball!!!

Comment

it was Mrs. Dionisia Pacquiao granting him xtreme speed during the fight... even HBO always has a scene for Pacs mom

Comment

He caught him with a left hand while Algeri was circling away from it and it still had full steam on it I bet Tim Bradley laughed all night long.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombraider View Post
                    No one's wondering why he looked good, they're wondering why he looked fast. Especially against someone who is also quite fast.
                    Exactly. Some people are obviously not bright enough to figure that out or perceptive enough to read the heading.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                      Almost like all of Floyds opponents huh?
                      So you're saying that Mayweather fights people of the same caliber as Algeri?

Didn't Pacquiao become a household name by fighting people that Floyd had also recently fought?

Comment

Working...
                      X