Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao looked super fast in the Algieri fight, hasn't looked this fast since 2010

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jcpryor View Post
    It's crazy how that works - looking so good against one of the weakest opponents that he's faced in years.
    Almost like all of Floyds opponents huh?

Comment

Pac is massively underrated because of the marquez KO he is an outstanding fighter

Comment

I was just transferring some files over to another hard drive and came across the de la hoya fight, which I just finished watching - watching that first round I basically only watched Manny's movement and it was a thing of beauty. Although that fight too was at welter, his body was visibly thinner and leaner and his movement was far more effortless. His feet have gotten heavier since then, but he's also sitting down on his shots more. His speed looked good on Saturday, not prime Manny good, but good. I also watched a bit of the first Bradley fight and I think Manny was altogether quicker versus Algieri and looked in better shape...I thought he looked a bit soft in Bradley 1 and Marquez 4.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
          I was just transferring some files over to another hard drive and came across the de la hoya fight, which I just finished watching - watching that first round I basically only watched Manny's movement and it was a thing of beauty. Although that fight too was at welter, his body was visibly thinner and leaner and his movement was far more effortless. His feet have gotten heavier since then, but he's also sitting down on his shots more. His speed looked good on Saturday, not prime Manny good, but good. I also watched a bit of the first Bradley fight and I think Manny was altogether quicker versus Algieri and looked in better shape...I thought he looked a bit soft in Bradley 1 and Marquez 4.

dam manny is still fast to me but its crazy how much faster he was back then. idk how to describe it but he was so much more twitchy before, like his head movement and feints were just sharper to me

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1836 View Post
            Even before the fight i was thinking "holy crap did he gain speed?", i mean he was always fast past 2010, but he has been looking extra fast for this fight. I think the weight change was a really smart decision. His left hand knockdowns came from out of nowhere

I thought it was just great timing.

Comment

When your opponent isn't a threat, or even a puncher at that, Pacquiao doesn't have to second guess himself. I didn't think he looked vintage at all, it's Algieri really.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                When your opponent isn't a threat, or even a puncher at that, Pacquiao doesn't have to second guess himself. I didn't think he looked vintage at all, it's Algieri really.
                exactly..he looked fast because the guy algeria wasn't throwing anything with authority..so pac could run in on him all night..the first straigh right he eats from floyd will end all that running in with his hands down..

Comment

He looked alright. Hard to judge against that caliber of fighter. He did begin to look visibly fatigued by the 4-5th round and was fighting in spurts and just letting Algieri jab away for the rest of the round

Comment

Originally posted by Willthethrill View Post
                    dam manny is still fast to me but its crazy how much faster he was back then. idk how to describe it but he was so much more twitchy before, like his head movement and feints were just sharper to me
                    yeah, maybe it was just a combination of things; being 28, prime, probably having his most dedicated camp thus far because it was Oscar De La Hoya. Oddly enough, I don't think he ever looked quite that sharp again, he was twitchy like you described for Hatton, but afterwards he became more flat footed (from a de la hoya-pacquiao perspective).

Comment

Originally posted by TMTForever View Post
                      exactly..he looked fast because the guy algeria wasn't throwing anything with authority..so pac could run in on him all night..the first straigh right he eats from floyd will end all that running in with his hands down..
                      Sure but the problem is Floyds doing all the running right now

Comment

Working...
                      X