No announcement yet.

Lomachenko's hand not broken, Arum's plan for a Walters showdown - Details

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
    Why not? Vasya v Gradovich is an in-house fight that won't be hard to put on. And Walters v Johnny is in the works now already isn't it?

Although, I DO see your point in terms of how you would have two big fights on one card, I don't think either set of fighters would like to be a supporting act to each other lol.
    I don't know why not. It would be great if it happened. But that's not Arum's plan. He'll milk it for all it's worth. Loma and Walters will fight tune-ups in separate fights IMO and then maybe they'll fight each other if Walters agrees. All 4 FW titles should be unified in 2015, but my prediction is that all 4 titles will never be unified.

Comment

Why not? Vasya v Gradovich is an in-house fight that won't be hard to put on. And Walters v Johnny is in the works now already isn't it?

Although, I DO see your point in terms of how you would have two big fights on one card, I don't think either set of fighters would like to be a supporting act to each other lol.
      Nah, IDK man. I wouldn't be surprised if Vasyl didn't care about the politics of fighting under Walters. Not to mention, in terms of professional fighting, Walters has seniority with less losses.

Either way, its a great fight in the making

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        I don't know why not. It would be great if it happened. But that's not Arum's plan. He'll milk it for all it's worth. Loma and Walters will fight tune-ups in separate fights IMO and then maybe they'll fight each other if Walters agrees. All 4 FW titles should be unified in 2015, but my prediction is that all 4 titles will never be unified.
        You seem cynical bro...but with the way boxing is these days, and the politics...I completely understand! Hopefully we do get these fights on though and the public wont be strung along or robbed of spectacles and the best fighting the best when they should do, like we have been missing out on so much over the last years.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          No, Arum's plan is not to make 2 FW unifications on the same card. You are more likely to see Loma vs. Pac's cousin and Walters vs. Pac's brother to build the fight.

Lomachenko is extremely talented, but what makes you think he is going to be stopping people? He is not a boxer puncher, he strictly boxes.
          It's not hard to think that lomachenko will stop other fighters, if you take a moment to think that is.
          Loma has only had 4 pro fights against very good oppenents, in his pro debut he meet ramirez who had 27 pro fights and never been stopped, loma stopped him.

In his second fight against the rugged and solid salido with over 50 pro fights who didn't bother to make weight and had big weight advantage, loma had to pace himself and still came close to stopping salido in the final round.

Against gary russel loma stepped on the gas in the final round and had russel staggering in the corner of the ring the final seconds.

Lomas last fight against Piriyapinyo who had over 50 pro fights and has never been stopped, he knocked down Piriyapinyo in the 4 round. Most people belive if loma hadn't injured his hand in round seven he would have stopped him. By the 10 round Piriyapinyo was broken, he didn't move forward anymore against a one handed fighter and Piriyapinyo is tough as nails as many thai fighters are.

Lomachenko is 26 and just turned pro with only 4 fights, he will get even better(crazy) and knockouts will come

Comment

Originally posted by Zenkai View Post
            Nah, IDK man. I wouldn't be surprised if Vasyl didn't care about the politics of fighting under Walters. Not to mention, in terms of professional fighting, Walters has seniority with less losses.

Either way, its a great fight in the making
            Yeah, Vasya might not care, he's the type that's more concerned with the actual fighting. But Gradovich might be different.

If someone makes the compromise and it happens, then we are in for a treat.
            Last edited by PainfromUkraine; 11-23-2014, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              Well at least his hands not broken. Loma is future P4P
              You got that right B!

Comment

Originally posted by have_not View Post
                It's not hard to think that lomachenko will stop other fighters, if you take a moment to think that is.
                Loma has only had 4 pro fights against very good oppenents, in his pro debut he meet ramirez who had 27 pro fights and never been stopped, loma stopped him.

In his second fight against the rugged and solid salido with over 50 pro fights who didn't bother to make weight and had big weight advantage, loma had to pace himself and still came close to stopping salido in the final round.

Against gary russel loma stepped on the gas in the final round and had russel staggering in the corner of the ring the final seconds.

Lomas last fight against Piriyapinyo who had over 50 pro fights and has never been stopped, he knocked down Piriyapinyo in the 4 round. Most people belive if loma hadn't injured his hand in round seven he would have stopped him. By the 10 round Piriyapinyo was broken, he didn't move forward anymore against a one handed fighter and Piriyapinyo is tough as nails as many thai fighters are.

Lomachenko is 26 and just turned pro with only 4 fights, he will get even better(crazy) and knockouts will come
                The funny thing is people say Piriyapinyo was a bum...a Thai food vendor...cherry pick or whatever else, but as I am aware he was the No.1 Contender (don't know about other sanctioning bodies but WBO yes). And Vasya beat him with one arm. And now people are saying after 4 fights "Lomachenko should be stepping up and fighting better guys...not these bums"

So where did the whole "slow down and take a few easy fights" thing go?

It is kind of funny, some haters will say that Lomachenko is being pushed to quick, then contradict themselves and say he's fighting bums - who clearly aren't - and encourage him to fight top top fighters straight away...I don't remember any other fighter being discussed like this in terms of early matchups...yet the haters will say Loma is nothing special!

Comment

He only had one hand doe

Comment

The funny thing is people say Piriyapinyo was a bum...a Thai food vendor...cherry pick or whatever else, but as I am aware he was the No.1 Contender (don't know about other sanctioning bodies but WBO yes). And Vasya beat him with one arm. And now people are saying after 4 fights "Lomachenko should be stepping up and fighting better guys...not these bums"

It is kind of funny, some haters will say that Lomachenko is being pushed to quick, then contradict themselves and say he's fighting bums - who clearly aren't - and encourage him to fight top top fighters straight away...I don't remember any other fighter being discussed like this in terms of early matchups...yet the haters will say Loma is nothing special!
                    The haters are running out of ways to hat eon vasya so their grabbing at straws now.

Comment

Lol.. It's absurd the standard this kid is held to.

Comment

Working...
                      X