Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freddie Roach Vs Tim Lane Hand Wraps

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That video was HEAVILY biased and rather old b/c it's already been picked apart on this website, but I won't waste anymore time giving that loser attention so it's really a question of what's illegal where? Texas and Nevada have different rules, Macau I don't know much of at all frankly. That's for their commission to decide and if they have it as legal or illegal both fighters will end up mimicking each other. It's not like Chris won't roll the tape if he knows he's allowed to. This is really Tim Lane attempting to reduce Pacquiao's punch because that line of thinking benefits his game plan far more than Roach's. This is a matter of gamesmanship.

It's really a non-issue because it's not like they'll only let pacquaio roll his tape. It would be like they only let Pac wear 7 oz gloves - both fighters will either do one or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
      That video was HEAVILY biased and rather old b/c it's already been picked apart on this website, but I won't waste anymore time giving that loser attention so it's really a question of what's illegal where? Texas and Nevada have different rules, Macau I don't know much of at all frankly. That's for their commission to decide and if they have it as legal or illegal both fighters will end up mimicking each other. It's not like Chris won't roll the tape if he knows he's allowed to. This is really Tim Lane attempting to reduce Pacquiao's punch because that line of thinking benefits his game plan far more than Roach's. This is a matter of gamesmanship.

It's really a non-issue because it's not like they'll only let pacquaio roll his tape. It would be like they only let Pac wear 7 oz gloves - both fighters will either do one or the other.
      Ok. All I'm asking is why is Tito discredited and Pacquiao isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by wiz1030 View Post
        Troll the OP all you want, call him a Pac hater, or whatever but he actually presents a valid argument.

Of course we weren't in the room and Lederman may not have described the situation as thoroughly as possible, but just the fact that he admitted Pac wraps with the twist ropes between the knuckles, while there's video evidence of Roach saying that that specific method of wrapping is cheating is significant.

Carry on...
        The trolls don't listen, never will

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Dude are you serious??? All that **** talking we did and you want to make up?

I'm afraid we passed the point of no return like 40 posts ago.

I find that to be a bunch of bollocks bro!! Bollocks I say!
          eh, sorry wasn't a make up "bro". I was saying sorry if my overreation made it seem like I was on a crusade against Manny and Roach, when it has more to do with Trinidad. You really feel at home on that high horse though don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by ImStillHere View Post
            eh, sorry wasn't a make up "bro". I was saying sorry if my overreation made it seem like I was on a crusade against Manny and Roach, when it has more to do with Trinidad. You really feel at home on that high horse though don't you?
            Honestly I just wanted to fit the word bollocks into the conversation somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Honestly I just wanted to fit the word bollocks into the conversation somehow.
              Well that's commendable

Comment

Ok. All I'm asking is why is Tito discredited and Pacquiao isn't.
                Well, based on my prior post, I don't see what there is to discredit with Pac. Whether he rolls his tape or not will be a matter of what's legal in Macau and Chris will likely do the same. Two different cases. Trinidad was actually made to rewrap his hands by the New York commission because of the pattern of which they were wrapped (which was said to be legal in some number of other states but not in NY). He's fought there before without issue so I don't know if we can altogether discredit his victories in New York.

I'm not one that has ever discredited Tito. So much of boxing is gamesmanship and when it involves Bernard Hopkins it's usually over the ****ing top. If Tim Lane's main concern is how a piece of tape might look in between the knuckle before the hand has even been wrapped, I don't think that at all compares to Trinidad's entire hand wrap.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
                  Well, based on my prior post, I don't see what there is to discredit with Pac. Whether he rolls his tape or not will be a matter of what's legal in Macau and Chris will likely do the same. Two different cases. Trinidad was actually made to rewrap his hands by the New York commission because of the pattern of which they were wrapped (which was said to be legal in some number of other states but not in NY). He's fought there before without issue so I don't know if we can altogether discredit his victories in New York.

I'm not one that has ever discredited Tito. So much of boxing is gamesmanship and when it involves Bernard Hopkins it's usually over the ****ing top. If Tim Lane's main concern is how a piece of tape might look in between the knuckle before the hand has even been wrapped, I don't think that at all compares to Trinidad's entire hand wrap.
                  Its not just the knuckles though. Stacking is illegal everywhere. You cannot stack gauze,then tape, then gauze. It's not supposed to be allowed. This is not gamesmanship, its cheating

Comment

Its not just the knuckles though. Stacking is illegal everywhere. You cannot stack gauze,then tape, then gauze. It's not supposed to be allowed. This is not gamesmanship, its cheating
                    well if you're not talking about the tape and your claim is that pacquiao wraps illegally in everywhere he's fought then why didn't Richardson say anything when he fought Mosley, or Cotto's team in Vegas? After the Margarito incident, I'd figure they would be extra wary??? If this isn't about Tim Lane's potential issue in China and more of the video of Pac in Texas vs Margarito then say so. What's all this Trinidad talk and Tim Lane ****? Here's my main issue with that video, they use an example of Kessler but that fight wasn't in Texas, it was in Oakland. Every state has it's own unique rules on this. Then they show Pac's handwraps in Texas but never show the way Margarito wrapped his hands. WHY?

If the commission allowed Manny to wrap his hands in one way, Margarito could do it too, and knowing him, he probably did. And then they say Pac pinched his gloves in the fight (bc apparently this isn't done in boxing like all the ****ing time), but Margarito didn't...oh really?

Haters grasp at straws dawg, you're smarter than this. You're quite capable of analyzing a situation without the need of a predetermined opinion.

Comment

Is there a video with Tim Lane addressing this issue? Or Freddie?

Comment

Working...
                      X