Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua: I Want To Emulate Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like deja vu with Price, althought Joshua was a better amateur and has more potential.

Comment

You'd think Pulev, with his amateur background, would have known better than to make the mistakes he made against Wlad, and have better defense.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
        Give it a year, and Joshua will pummel Pulev.
        Or you know, now.

Comment

I'm glad Joshua wants to emulate Klitschko. He's a role model and has been heavyweight champ for 10 years without taking any punishment really. How many champions can say that?

Joshua needs to find his style, like Klitschko did, make his way to the top and then it's up to everyone else to break the code. But I do think he'll have to face stiff competition in his time as Hughie & Tyson Fury, Parker, Wilder, Jennings, Perez et al are making some waves.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
            Let's get this straight, Pulev didn't have a chance of winning because of limited experience.

In previous eras, there were ZERO challengers with such an ammy background combined with 20 fights at "200+" HW. His real HW experience is beyond doubt. And he fought good opponents, and he won them too!

What, is Wilder with 30+ bum fights under his belt somehow MORE experienced than Pulev?
            lol

Bringing up amateur background. So f'ing what. this is the pros son.

Somebody should tell Poolev that, and then tell him to stop fighting like an amateur with his arms out and chin in the air.

Appalling.

Comment

So far i liked Joshua, i hope he NEVER fights like Wlad! I would put him on my hate list immediatley if he starts to hold and clinch all the time and fights boring as Wlad does. I will be happy when Wlad is gone and i dont need no new Wlad!

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
                So far i liked Joshua, i hope he NEVER fights like Wlad! I would put him on my hate list immediatley if he starts to hold and clinch all the time and fights boring as Wlad does. I will be happy when Wlad is gone and i dont need no new Wlad!
                Are you german?

Comment

Does this mean he also wants to perfect the "art" of jabbing and grabbing for 12 rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by Pound4PoundStud View Post
                    Does this mean he also wants to perfect the "art" of jabbing and grabbing for 12 rounds?
                    uh,,,wlad has 54 ko's inside the distance in 66 fights. I dont think he got them by just jabbing and grabbing fool

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
                      Too bad for Wald because the new stable of heavyweights is the best in years and he continues to fight weak opposition.
                      You can't be serious?
                      Originally posted by yoz View Post
                      If he hangs around for a few more years, there's a good chance he'll face the likes Ortiz, Parker, Ruiz et al.

The 'young guns' look very promising. Exciting times.
                      Sarcasm, right?

Comment

Working...
                      X