Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny: Week of Greatness commercial, LOL!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    Although I'm no fan of his, It's actually sad. Given his stature in the sport, he could have made just as much money from endorsements as he does fighting. Maybe even more! Every sporting goods brand would have wanted Floyd to market their products. Just image the possibilities......
    The only thing I find sad is that history shows Floyd's sons are likely to be batterers and Floyd's daughters will likely end up in an abusive relationship and will not know how to leave the relationship-thus continuing a very vicious cycle.

As for his endorsements-had he stayed as the pretty boy and followed Bob's SRL/ODH model-sure he could've been one of the guys. But he decided short term gains over long term. His fault.

Floyd made his choices. But this is America-people with his kind of money never really lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by malcolm View Post
      It's funny how a guy that has fought both of them, JMM, seems to have zero respect for Pac and full respect for Floyd.

Why would that be?

JMM has never pursued a rematch with Floyd, yet stalked and harassed Pac for years to give him a rematch.

Why would that be?

JMM has fought Pac about 5 times now but wants no part of Mayweather.

But I'll let the NSB Forum genius' continue to do what they do. I am very entertained.
      JMM spent years avoiding slick boxers that would expose his style since Mayweather. Only when after KTFO6 did he have the balls to test his skill.... he lost to Bradley... almost embarrassingly I might add.

Why didn't Juan call out Bradley for a re-match since it was "SOOOOOO" close.

Truth is... Juan don't wanna chase nobody. He wants you to come at him so he can load up his right hand. A good footed counter-puncher is all wrong for him, and he knows it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        Major corporations wouldn't touch him with a 10ft pole due to his woman beating ways.
        you cant change what happened in the past but
        floyd could apologize publicly and admit he has problems- and would be undergoing therapy.

i wonder why he aint doing that. it will worth millions in the long run.

but he is labeled as a ducker now- he will get rid of that stigma only by fighting pacquiao.

after he beat pacquiao and resolve his family problems endorsement could come.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          which is the real irony of all this-at the point where he is unquestioned as the #1 in the sport and the fight of the century might get made-DV is the biggest issue in sports right now and he is one of the "faces" of this issue.
          Unquestioned? Really? Cherry picker ducker number one in sport? If he fought all those fighters that were threat during the time he should have fought him, and Pac at present or even Marcos Maidana on the first fight and was able to wear his punchers gloves he won't be number 1.

He's resume is always in question bud.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            The only thing I find sad is that history shows Floyd's sons are likely to be batterers and Floyd's daughters will likely end up in an abusive relationship and will not know how to leave the relationship-thus continuing a very vicious cycle.

As for his endorsements-had he stayed as the pretty boy and followed Bob's SRL/ODH model-sure he could've been one of the guys. But he decided short term gains over long term. His fault.

Floyd made his choices. But this is America-people with his kind of money never really lose.
            don't talk as if Floyd is a billionaire. 8 figure millionaire with his small brain and lavish lifestyle he most likely be poor 5-10 years post retirement with no legacy to speak of. No friends, no family and branded as a coward.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrpizza-nd_beer View Post
              don't talk as if Floyd is a billionaire. 8 figure millionaire with his small brain and lavish lifestyle he most likely be poor 5-10 years post retirement with no legacy to speak of. No friends, no family and branded as a coward.
              Lol harsh man. Brutal truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jab-Slip-Troll View Post
                JMM spent years avoiding slick boxers that would expose his style since Mayweather. Only when after KTFO6 did he have the balls to test his skill.... he lost to Bradley... almost embarrassingly I might add.

Why didn't Juan call out Bradley for a re-match since it was "SOOOOOO" close.

Truth is... Juan don't wanna chase nobody. He wants you to come at him so he can load up his right hand. A good footed counter-puncher is all wrong for him, and he knows it.
                How was the Bradley fight embarrassing for Marquez? He lost a competitive but clear decision. No shame in losing to a guy like Bradley who is 10 years younger. Embarrassing would be getting laid out flat not losing a split decision.

He clearly wanted a rematch and likely would have kept demanding one had Bradley beat Pacquiao. Obviously Bradley was going to move forward and fight Pacquiao,and after losing the rematch was rather pointless.

It's funny the guy has no "ball" yet he moved up two divisions to fight the best fighter in the world and kept demanding fights with another living legend. What slick boxers was he ducking though? Khan? Paulie? AB?

Truth is no fighter wants to chase anyone it really makes it difficult for any fighter when their opponents move regardless of who they are. Great fighters throughout history have struggled with "movers".
                Last edited by Dinamita 03; 11-22-2014, 02:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
                  How was the Bradley fight embarrassing for Marquez? He lost a competitive but clear decision. No shame in losing to a guy like Bradley who is 10 years younger. Embarrassing would be getting laid out flat not losing a split decision.

He clearly wanted a rematch and likely would have kept demanding one had Bradley beat Pacquiao. Obviously Bradley was going to move forward and fight Pacquiao,and after losing the rematch was rather pointless.

It's funny the guy has no "ball" yet he moved up two divisions to fight the best fighter in the world and kept demanding fights with another living legend. What slick boxers was he ducking though? Khan? Paulie? AB?

Truth is no fighter wants to chase anyone it really makes it difficult for any fighter when their opponents move regardless of who they are. Great fighters throughout history have struggled with "movers".

I think fighters who moves too much and uses it to run away or to kill time is for me not a skill. It's a form of staying away from the line of fire.

I think when an offensive fighter is fighting a known runner. The ring should be standard size so that it will not turn into a cat and mouse fight. This is boxing there should be more engagement more than running and ducking.
                  Last edited by Spoon23; 11-22-2014, 06:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    I ain't buying my Jays at FootLocker anymore B
                    Footlocker is being looted in St. Louis because of this commercial

Comment

• Be careful of what you wish for.

Comment

Working...
                      X