Collapse
No announcement yet.

cotto is finished

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't realise there was so much hate for the man.....crazy really!!

Comment

Originally posted by TotalStud View Post
      Honestly, he was finished years ago, but his team has done a good job of finding a vulnerable opponent to bounce him back every time he steps up and loses.

But his fans are very passionate. He could get stomped again then "bounce back" with a Mayorga rematch and they would eat it up.
      Cotto still sells, so they keep pushing him, Pacquiao all but ended him but his rematch with Marg somehow meant he was "back" lol but Marg had one eye by then.

Trout outboxed Cotto in a close but clear win and he should never have had another PPV till he had beaten Trout in a rematch but that loss is waved off, we supposedly saw a new, more brutal, Roach trained Cotto against a nobody and all was forgiven.

I'll be the first to admit I got it wrong against Martinez, I thought the guy had something left but he was all but shot and Cotto took him apart. It was a good performance against a badly faded former champ. Now he'll milk the MW title, probably fight Canelo at some 157 BS with the title on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
        Still confused why so many people dislike him as a fighter. He's fought everyone possible.

Floyd
        PAC
        Judah
        Mosley
        Margarito
        Bailey
        Martinez

On and on, I just dont see why he gets so much disrespect when he is the only fighter who has fought all of his top challengers, for years.
        He also fought most of them at their best or near it. (take Martinez off that list)

Comment

Originally posted by KayDub View Post
          He also fought most of them at their best or near it. (take Martinez off that list)
          Floyd, judah, & Mosley were all past it when he fought them. I don't like Cotto for the reason that he fought dirty against Judah knowing that Judah doesn't respond well to adversity leading to his loss.

You could have added Clottey to the list though, good win, even if controversial.

Comment

Is this a troll thread?
            Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 11-13-2014, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              But he did fight Cotto. And Canelo. And according to everyone involved (including Arum) he was willing to fight Cotto and Margarito in 2008. In fact, Arum maintained that until Floyd left him for more money. So why do you guys always need a crutch to back your opinion (ie. everyone says it?). Why not stick to facts? Maybe because those facts say otherwise.
              That is a joke. Floyd was with Arum and still didn't fight Cotto and Margarito!!! What are you talking about? Those two were presented on a silver platter yet no fight.

Arum had Margarito wait on taking a fight until Floyd picked Baldomir and it was not more than he would have made against Margarito.

So stick to the facts.
              Floyd also said that he wanted to fight Manny from 2009-2014 but didn't.
              Floyd called out Winky but again didn't fight.
              Floyd called out others ..... some happened but many years too late. But when you call out someone, it means you want the fight to happen next not many years later.

The bigger joke is that you said that Floyd was willing to fight them in 2008 ...... when he retired!

Last edited by ADP02; 11-13-2014, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77
                Cotto is so vastly overrated it's not even funny
                this...........

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Psylence83 View Post
                  Didn't realise there was so much hate for the man.....crazy really!!
                  hes a recycled champion, lol, he was done a long time ago and he gets treated like royalty because he once was great, now he has resorted to fighting cripples, bums and handicaped fighters to earn prestige, lol, he should retire or fight live opponents or take on golovkin, lol, cotto once was great, now hes done, lol, he was done a long azz time ago actually, cotto was once good for boxing, lol, now he holds belts hostage by beating on handicaps,

if alvarez fights cotto, cotto will be fighting cause hes a draw but cotto isnt good enough to fight any live good fighter anymore, lol, im serious
                  Last edited by Tha_Greatest; 11-14-2014, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
                    Cotto is so vastly overrated it's not even funny
                    I don't know why he is even famous. I guess he just got pushed and marketed the right way.

Comment

Cotto seems to be a better fighter than he was a few years ago. Maybe I'm biased, but a I do believe he has had a resurrection of sorts.

Comment

Working...
                      X