Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2 best fighters you've witnessed in there primes.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike Tyson 1986 to 1989
    Julio Cesar Chavez up to Camacho after that he began to slow

Comment

Whitaker & Erik Morales

Comment

Cassius Clay and Muhammad Ali.

Comment

Roy Jones Jr
          Floyd Mayweather Jr

Comment

Manny Pacquaio and Roy Jones Jr prime for me. Then again, even though I hate his guts, it's difficult to not consider Floyd as well grudgingly! Also Oscar Dela Hoya prime gets a look.

Regarding HW's (slightly different sport almost) it's tough to separate 2 really special ones.

I like 4 in particular that were stand out special. Both Klitschko's, Lennox Lewis and Mike Tyson from my era. I can't exclude 2 at the expense of any other there.

Comment

3 Tied for P4P #1 Roy Jones Jr., Floyd Pretty Boy Mayweather, and Pernell Sweat Pea Whitaker. Imagine if a fighter had the best qualities of each combined. Roy Jones was the most athletically gifted P4P best ever. I don't see any beating the other but a third of the time... like they could all beat each other any fight.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                Floyd and Rigondeaux

Would of had Roy but I caught the tail end of his prime.
                Roy had me hooked as a relatively young kid. I always thought he hit harder than even Tyson P4P but he showboated like no other. Nobody ever brought out the Real Roy like the Griffin 2 fight in his prime. When he dropped and beat Toney along with the Bhop mop lol. Roy was amazing to the purest and casual while only hated by the Calslappy clan.

Comment

Oscar de la hoya, and roy jones!!

Comment

Cotto and Pacquiao. Both never avoided a challenge. They were in plenty of fights where you didn't know for sure they'd win and somehow pulled it off.

To me, that makes a great fighter.

I've been watching Pacquiao since he came to America vs Ledwaba at 32-2. He is now 56-5. As you can see. That's quite a lot of matches he's had since 32 wins. It's been a hell of a career. Never would I thought in a million years that my favorite fighter at that time would go on to have a legendary career.

At the same time I was watching Miguel Cotto putting the beat downs with his afro hair on ESPN. Going from those days to the respectable fighter he is now that people will probably pay to see him fight anybody because he's entertaining and has done it all. It's been quite a ride. Seen him fight live plenty of times in MSG and AC. If there is one fighter I can relate most with because I could see him fight live so much, it has been Cotto and I'll always remember him as the must see fighter to go to MSG or AC with my buddies while I was "young".

Comment

joe gans and harry greb both excellent fighters in their prime.

pac and rjj

Comment

Working...
                      X