The Official Miguel Cotto-Canelo Alvarez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
    No idea. Let do one, just don't be a biitch and disappear afterwards
    LOL calm down. I'll be here win or lose. What were you thinking on the bet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
      LOL calm down. I'll be here win or lose. What were you thinking on the bet?
      Choose a pic for Avy or sig for 1 month

Comment

Choose a pic for Avy or sig for 1 month
        1 month is too long bruh. What about 1 week?

Comment

Canelo is gonna win you should deal in with him.

Comment

• Canelo 160.2 lbs. at WBC seven-day weigh-in
            Mexican superstar Canelo Alvarez complied Saturday with the WBC’s seven day weigh-in rule in advance of his world middleweight championship mega-fight against Miguel Cotto this Saturday at The Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Canelo, who weighed 160.2 pounds, will travel to Las Vegas with his team this coming Monday.
            Last edited by JefeAlto; 11-16-2015, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• Cotto 157.8 lbs. at WBC seven-day weigh-in
              By Gabriel F. Cordero

Puerto Rican four-division world champion Miguel Cotto complied with the WBC’s seven day weigh-in rule in advance of his world middleweight championship mega-fight against Mexican star Saul “Canelo” Alvarez this Saturday at The Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Cotto, training in Los Angeles, weighed 157.8 pounds.

Comment

• Finally! Cotto-Canelo Fight Week is here

By Bob Hough
                Photos: Big Joe Miranda

Miguel Cotto made his pro debut in February, 2001, when Saul “Canelo” Alvarez was 10; he racked up 25 fights and victories before Alvarez made his pro debut almost exactly a decade ago.

Predictions for Saturday’s classic proud-veteran-versus-young-badass confrontation are all over the place, but what’s clear is that as Alvarez (45-1-1, 32 KOs) seeks to be the biggest star in the post-Mayweather generation and Cotto (40-4, 33 KOs) says he’s a year away from retiring, the older man believes his experience will help him earn perhaps his greatest victory.

“I put my mind into the fight, and the best way to beat a guy is in the smartest way,” Cotto said during a recent teleconference to discuss the fight, set for the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. “I know I can punch and I can hit hard, but now at this moment I’m looking for the perfect occasion, and I’m creating the perfect opportunity to hit my opponent.

“You know, that’s the thing only time can bring you — experience. That’s all that is different for me right now. Now I understand that I have 36 minutes to finish my opponent and I use every second of it.”

Cotto, 35, acknowledged that not all his choices have been the best ones, but they’ve taken him to a point where he has a formidable combination of physical ability and professional experience.

“I think I had bad choices before in my life, but I have to live with that now,” he said. “I’m thinking better now. I’m doing things better.”

As well as everything’s dialed in, the Caguas, Puerto Rico, resident insisted that the end of his career is near.

“Boxing, it’s the only thing I know to do in life,” Cotto said on the call. “I’m doing it for the benefit of the community and my family. I said once that I said once that I would retire before I was 30 and I’m 35 now, but I’m going to be in boxing no longer than a year from now.”

Alvarez, a man of few words, said the age difference, Cotto’s plans and motivations, the classic Mexico vs. Puerto Rico match-up and pretty everything else is of no concern.

“The styles will accommodate the fighters to engage in a great fight, and, you know, I’m prepared to train, and I prepared for different things in the ring,” the 25-year-old said.

Freddie Roach, who’s trained Cotto for four fights, said his man has the physical ability to do whatever it takes.

“If we have to box this guy, we will box him,’ Roach said on the call. “If he wants to slug with us, that’s no problem, we’re ready for that, also. We have had eight sparring partners so far; we have had punchers, boxers and everybody is at the table and ready for it.”

The resident of Caguas, Puerto Rico, has a speed advantage, Roach added.

“You know, I think we’re much faster,” he said.

Oscar De La Hoya, Alvarez’s promoter, wondered if Cotto can maintain a fast pace for 12 rounds. “Freddie Roach is going to have Cotto probably stay on his toes, he said. “The question is, how long can Cotto stay on the toes? That’s the million-dollar question.”

Roach is no small factor, said De La Hoya, who fought Floyd Mayweather with Roach in his corner and fought against Manny Pacquiao, who’s trained by Roach.

“Freddie Roach is going to have Miguel Cotto in tip-top shape,” he added.

Alvarez, a Tlajomulco de Zúñiga, Jalisco, Mexico, resident, did talk of the opponents he and Cotto have both faced, though he said it’s not wise to draw any conclusions. Both fighters lost to Floyd Mayweather and Alvarez beat Austin Trout, who defeated a lackluster Cotto.

“He may have done better – Cotto might have done better against Mayweather; however, I did better against Austin Trout, and Cotto didn’t do that good against Austin Trout,” he said. All fights are different, all styles are different, so that’s not going to affect me at all.”

What matters is Cotto, said Alvarez, who agreed with De La Hoya’s view that his opponent will try to fight with consistent intensity.

“We’re getting ready for a tough opponent in a 50-50 fight and I believe he will be strong and aggressive for 12 rounds,” Alvarez said. “That’s what we have prepared for and we’re putting the finishing touches on, but we are ready.”

Cotto insisted that it’s not fundamentally different from any of the 44 fights he’s had since February 23, 2001.

“It’s going to be my fight No. 45, nothing special with it.”

Comment

til December 5th. Time to man up mijo

Comment

til December 5th. Time to man up mijo
                    Fine, no gay **** doe. No **** gay boy **** or bet is off lol 1 month

Comment

Fine, no gay **** doe. No **** gay boy **** or bet is off lol 1 month
                      Does anyone know if the fight will be shown on HBO GO (PS4 app) Im hoping to pay for it and stream it through my PS4

Comment

Working...
                      X