No announcement yet.

The Official Miguel Cotto-Canelo Alvarez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jorgepichardojr View Post
    Are you talking about the middleweight champ fighting at middleweight? You know 155-160. Last I checked me range is 155-160. A fight at 155 does not take a fight away from mw domain. There are two limits. 155 is the lower limit nd 160 is the upper limit. Seems to me Cotto IS fighting at the "mw limit".

Balls in your court now.
    Well if the limit is 155-160 why are Kneeguel fangirls crying about Canelo fighting at 155. Hypocrisy much?

Comment

• Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
      Well if the limit is 155-160 why are Kneeguel fangirls crying about Canelo fighting at 155. Hypocrisy much?
      Because he's an actual MW and Cotto is barely a JMW?

Idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
        Because he's an actual MW and Cotto is barely a JMW?

Idiot.
        "Barely a JMW" hasn't fought below JMW in 6 years lol get real dude. Cotto could never make Welterweight today. The excuses are coming in already

Comment

• Why can't you folks just anticipate the fight

For real, I don't know why any athlete pays attention to the public. I just want a great fight - I'll be proud of both of them if they both go and try to win their hardest. Cotto is 35 now and has a huge challenge ahead of him.

This fight honestly has one question and one question only - does Cotto have one last great performance in him to fend off the hungry young upstart or does Canelo finally take the keys to the car from the last generation?

Comment

• the bigger they are the harder they fall!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
              "Barely a JMW" hasn't fought below JMW in 6 years lol get real dude. Cotto could never make Welterweight today. The excuses are coming in already
              He's still been the smaller opponent in every single one of those bouts except for Floyd Mayweather.

And you also conveniently exclude a rebuttal to me saying Canelo is an actual MW. But that's because you know it's true.

Comment

• Saul Canelo Alvarez Exclusive Interview

Freddie Roach: Gameplan

@ 4.15 the game plan is to Box.

Comment

• Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
                  I'm a fan of both. I'm a bigger fan of Cotto. He's just been around longer and has fought all competitors at all conditions even compromised ones.

Canelo is good with heart of a lion. I like that. I think his downfall is his team. He must fire them all before he will become great

People crying about camel is weight is due to the fact, which we all know, he is a significantly bigger guy. He's killing himself to make the 152-155 range when he easily is 160. They say is body isn't ready for 160 but it's really a reason to avoid ggg right now. I'm certain he is not scared but just wants more experience before jumping in there with the experience , size and strength of ggg. If canelo fights at 160 now everyone would scream for the ggg fight. He wants more time to get ready hence the 155 weight class he fights in now. I strongly suspect canelo fights ggg cinco de mayo 2017.

Some members here call that a duck. I call it a lesson learned from fighting Floyd way to early.

Now canelo is fighting Cotto. A very dangerous fight for him. He has three more years experience since fighting mayweather and doesn't have to deal with gggs size. He only has to deal with cottons ecoerience and strength. So it's a good fight for canelo. But I think Cottos experience(skill) wins the fight.
                  Last edited by Don Pichardo; 11-01-2015, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• Canelo is going to have problems with Cotto, Canelo team was ****** to stay with this 155 stuff I don't like the way this kid is looking

Comment

• Randy El Matador Caballero Makes his first title defense - Cotto vs. Alvarez.

My Nica coming for the Bantamweights.

Comment

Working...
                      X