Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craziest/dumbest moments in boxing history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never seen the Nate Campbell video before. Anyone have any background to this?

Comment

Lol, Cotto picking Clottey up and slamming him face first into the mat.

Comment

Duran refusing to continue against Leonard. A uniquely bizarre moment in boxing's history.

Comment

Floyd running around the whole 12th round against canelo and maidana2.
          Floyd sucker punching Ortiz.
          Floyd using his elbow.
          Floyd crying about a tiny little cut over his eye.
          Floyd excessively holding.
          Floyd wearing Mexican colors on his shorts.
          Floyd wearing a sombrero.

Comment

floyd vs baldomir because floyd is 10 light years faster than baldomir who was slow as a turtle but still floyd run instead of shooting combos and beating baldomir to a pulp. that was boring, dumb and unentertaining.

pacquiao getting ko'd by marquez was crazy because of how pacquiao got knock out cold. i think that's the most craziest knock out of someone who has a superstar status.

all of roy jones comeback fight.

Comment

December 14, 1996 Madison Square Garden. Riddick Bowe vs. Andrew Golota II. An insane amount of low blows followed by a near riot in the ring. Fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
                No suprise but I don't think Golota was all there mentally.

BTW, thinking of Golota's mental state reminds me of when Oliver Mccall had a nervuos breakdown in his rematch against Lewis. Weird watching him suddenly start crying and snivelling while walking around the ring mid round.
                Another epic moment!

Comment

Originally posted by mizzlekicks View Post
                  Never seen the Nate Campbell video before. Anyone have any background to this?
                  I remember watching the fight and as far as I know there is no background. That clip is the whole story.

He was dropping his hands trying to look cool and slick and belittle his opponent, probably expecting them to throw a wide hook. Instead they threw a semi-uppercut and knocked him out.

Extremely embarrassing. He pretty much became a journeyman after that.
                  Last edited by ////; 11-05-2014, 08:53 PM.

Comment

That riot after Maskaev-Rahman too if nobody mentioned it.

Rahman gets KO'd through the ropes and several rows of what I presume to be Rahman supporters go nuts, including throwing a steel chair that nails one of the officials in the head.

Comment

I interpreted the Nate Campbell clip differently. Without the context it literally just looks like he wanted to get knocked out and finish the match. Crazy stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X