Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question about Mayweather and other fighters who choose "financial sense" fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fallen_ego View Post
    So basically people are fine with fighters doing it and legacy doesn't matter anymore. How come there isn't a find balance between the toughest fights and the money maker fights? The only fighter i can think of doing it is Canelo with the Lara fight, now targeting Cotto.
    Cotto is clearly a money fight for Canelo. There are tougher fights out there. Even the Lara fight - there was no one else available to justify the PPV

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
      ODH was near the end of his career and had to come down in weight. Mosely was shot by the time Mayweather finally fought him (yet "money" still got rocked). He impressed me with how he handled Hatton. You didn't mention it, but I was shocked at how easily he destroyed Corrales. However, Canelo also had to come down, was (is) unproven and green.

I remember the moniker "Money" serving as a blatant statement of his acquired wealth. Remember how he used to throw money on the floor when he first started calling himself that?

We can debate Mayweather forever. Bottom line, he's a very good fighter who's undefeated due in part to him not taking a fight that he could have quite possibly lost. The true best ever shouldn't have to call himself that and hope it catches on. He'd demonstrate it by beating the best.
      ODH and shane made the decision not to fight Floyd earlier when Floyd was a high risk.no reward fighter who wasn't pulling in fans. I can completely understand why they didn't fight him then-but that is on them.

Yeah, but that's BS for the TV (even though the lied that the all access was staged . it wasn't.)

You are entitled to your opinion. I think its being overly critical and is severely under rating who he fought and when he fought them. What he calls himself isn't relevant-what is relevant is who he fought and if he won or lost.

Perhaps that is why he is ranked so high buy ring voters-they have a higher level of appreciation for what he has accomplished.

Comment

Originally posted by LeG00N View Post
        Some fighters use the cash excuse to duck other fighters that pose a threat like Mayweather, Some fighters take pay cuts to chase legacy and go out fighting like warriors... like Arce and Morales
        Damn Maniac got unbanned after almost a year..and is banned again already after 3 days??? lmfao

Comment

Floyd's highest paying fights have been legacy/meaningful fights at the time it was signed.

ODLH
          Hatton
          Mosley
          Canelo

^^^^These are Floyd's most intriguing fights when it was signed. It is also no coincidence that these fights sold really well.

My problem with Floyd now that he is guaranteed that 32 mil is that he is willing to give up a 60 mil paycheck and keep the 32 mil to fight perceived easy fights like

guerero
          Ortiz
          maidana

Comment

Originally posted by Francis M. View Post
            Floyd's highest paying fights have been legacy/meaningful fights at the time it was signed.

ODLH
            Hatton
            Mosley
            Canelo

^^^^These are Floyd's most intriguing fights when it was signed. It is also no coincidence that these fights sold really well.

My problem with Floyd now that he is guaranteed that 32 mil is that he is willing to give up a 60 mil paycheck and keep the 32 mil to fight perceived easy fights like

guerero
            Ortiz
            maidana
            Maidana, Ortiz i have no issue with..both were world champions and a top fighter should fight champions..Guerrero was the interim champ and he fought him for the Ring title(yea that was a joke) but him and Manny should be next if not Cotto at Middleweight

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              If it was soley about the money for Mayweather, he would've fought that Filipino midget for $100m
              Booom...."if it makes the most money, it makes the most sense"- floyd

Pac makes the most sense then

" pacquiao needs to sign with mayweather promotions" -

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                If it was soley about the money for Mayweather, he would've fought that Filipino midget for $100m
                Do you believe that Arum spiel lol .

When the fight was at its highest money earning potential officially , not new stadiums and silent businessmen , when it was for real Floyd tried to make the fight offering Manny 50/50 and Manny didnt want it , funny how you guys forget that .

Comment

Any fight now that would make more money for Mayweather than Pacquiao?

Comment

Originally posted by sargo View Post
                    Any fight now that would make more money for Mayweather than Pacquiao?
                    At this stage, I doubt he makes more. He'd have to give Pacquiao more than what he pays everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                      Do you believe that Arum spiel lol .

When the fight was at its highest money earning potential officially , not new stadiums and silent businessmen , when it was for real Floyd tried to make the fight offering Manny 50/50 and Manny didnt want it , funny how you guys forget that .
                      The funny thing is how you made that up.

Comment

Working...
                      X