Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List the great fighters who never moved up in weight(non heavyweights of course)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Carlos palomino was a career welter, correct me if I'm wrong

Comment

Originally posted by SUCIO416 View Post
      Im sure he was...in his late career comeback he fought Wilfredo Rivera who fought mostly at ww idk....id say he was

Palomina was a very good fighter...I wouldn't quite say great...he lost to the 2 greats he fought in Duran and Benitez and he held his own but he was probably a half notch below him.....He gets underrated and oft forgotten in that era because it was so deep.

Comment

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
        yeah, Marvin Hagler what a bum right?
        you know that's clearly what I'm NOT saying. Hagler was a great, great fighter, imo a top 3 mw of all time but when you compare him to Duran and Leonard, how many people, journalists, former boxers, fans would rate him higher than them both?

Finito was an excellent minimumweight, undefeated...but would he even be considered an ATG? How about other fighters starting in and around similar divisions, who moved up to become ATGs. In fact, as a Mexican fighter, he ranks far behind Chavez, MAB, Morales and maybe even JMM.

It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by SUCIO416 View Post

he was. good shout

pipino cuevas and turned pro at 135 as a young man / boy, iirc, but he was also exclusively a WW during his days as world champion.

Comment

Pipino Cuevas Marvin Hagler Ricardo Lopez Jose Naplesl Salvador Sanchez Mathew Sadd Muhmadd

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
              Pipino Cuevas Marvin Hagler Ricardo Lopez Jose Naplesl Salvador Sanchez Mathew Sadd Muhmadd
              Would probably exclude Sanchez considering age until the unfortunate accident.

Comment

marivn hagler

Comment

Carl Froch.

Comment

Andre Ward. He'd either get knocked out by Stevenson, Kovalev or Beterbiev, or he'd decision all 3. We'll probably never know. #2 p4p boxer in the world doe.

Comment

Good list so far.

Hatton only moved up like twice (not counting the last fight of his career); the combination of his frame, and style were all wrong for 147.

140 was made for guys like Hatton.

Comment

Working...
                      X