International Boxing Power Ranking for Nations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Boxing Power Ranking for Nations

Hey boxing fans!
    I made this to track how boxing is doing around the world.

http://www.box2glory.com/npc/IBPR4NS.htm

Will be updated monthly.

Originally posted by lesov View Post
    Hey boxing fans!
    I made this to track how boxing is doing around the world.

http://www.box2glory.com/npc/IBPR4NS.htm

Will be updated monthly.

Not bad but IMO the number of top fighters/ active professional boxers would be a better indicator than top boxers/population. And I also suggest that you should use the ********* top 15, the Ring magazine top 10 or the ESPN top 10 lists instead of the boxrec top 25 which is really a senseless bullshit sometimes. And the first on certain lists or the champions should count more than the #25 or #15 etc... bacause it's really not the same thing. IMO a world champion counts more to a country than 3 #25 boxer.

Comment

YESSS ROMANIA is up there!!

Also, do n't use boxrec for rankings

Comment

Thanks for you thoughts HEND.
        But, if I count Champion more does it really show a country has much stronger boxing culture and therefore power ranking?
        Some exceptional fighter from a certain country should not be increase national power ranking more than 2 guys in Ring Magazine top 10. Because having 2 guys from same country in top 10 is more indicative of how powerful the sport of boxing is in that country. And a single champion could just be a exceptional individual or circumstance, more than anything.

Comment

Looks like the usual suspects are at the top. Stiill not a bad idea for those who like the national competition aspect of boxing. Montenegro is p4p #2, name one active fighter from Montenegro please and thank you.

Comment

Some lightweight who is 19-0 but not really tested is ranked high at boxrec. Montenegro is tiny so it is enough to have just this one guy make a difference. He better not lose his next fight

Comment

Nothing change since 2 decade ago, the japanese will always be thrid because they have a lot of boxers at the lower weight division

Comment

Its well intentioned but doesnt really make sense. UK #1 at cruiser?!

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  Its well intentioned but doesnt really make sense. UK #1 at cruiser?!
                  That's what happens when people try to take the subjectivity out of it and rely solely on statistics to tell the story. It's cool but it doesn't make much sense at all.

Comment

Why the hell this site doesn't allow me to write down F-I-G-H-T-N-E-W-S?
                    Morons...
                    Last edited by HEND; 10-23-2014, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X