Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guillermo Rigondeaux: Shame on HBO, Bob Arum, corrupt media and all who fell for it.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBO and Arum are just mad Rigo Beat down Nonito and pretty much exposed him. Main reason I believe that is because Nonito was and would have been alot easier to turn into a huge star where as Rigo its not automatic cause he doesnt have that nation following to crutch on.

This whole notion of Rigo being boring is hogwash cause he lets his hands go, he was chasing down Nonito and he made Akbeko do a 360. Yes, he can have lulls in fights but everyone does.

Comment

"NOBODY WANTS TO WATCH RIGONDEAUX" my response is always "THE NUMBERS SAY OTHERWISE"

This has nothing to do with Rigondeaux Style, this is POLITICS! Him being Cuban is held against him and also he ruined HBO Plans by destroying the guy they wanted to be a star in Donaire. The grudge and hatred really started after that fight.

Rigondeaux was just not what HBO WANTED ON THEIR NETWORK! He wasn't one of their "CHOSEN ONES"

Comment

Originally posted by LomaUsykKlichko View Post
        LOL at everyone bashing bob arum rigo actually got fights while with arum and he got good paydays why couldnt he ko guys like he ko the last guy he fought. If anyone is a t fault its rigo himself he has to get rid of Caribe or he will stay irrelevent
        He got good fights until he upset the apple cart against Donaire. Since then, Arum did everything he could to tear Rigondeaux down.

Comment

Great Article.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
            "NOBODY WANTS TO WATCH RIGONDEAUX" my response is always "THE NUMBERS SAY OTHERWISE"

This has nothing to do with Rigondeaux Style, this is POLITICS! Him being Cuban is held against him and also he ruined HBO Plans by destroying the guy they wanted to be a star in Donaire. The grudge and hatred really started after that fight.

Rigondeaux was just not what HBO WANTED ON THEIR NETWORK! He wasn't one of their "CHOSEN ONES"
            yep........................

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              He got good fights until he upset the apple cart against Donaire. Since then, Arum did everything he could to tear Rigondeaux down.
              Didnt TR offer him Avalos who is a top 10 SB instead of agbeko and they turned it down. Like i said many times now he will stay irrelevant until he leaves caribe

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                Great article!
                Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                Why don't you forward this to Ken Hershman at HBO, the Ring, Maxboxing, Sports Yahoo and ESPN.

Maybe they could be objective this one time and admit that they were harsh-critics.

Also Axman gets Darchininian, Rigo gets Agbeko and they notified Arum that Agbeko wasn't coming to fight.
                Originally posted by damit305 View Post
                Maybe we should stop being fickle and demand that the networks give us quality fights. Surely you enjoyed GGG vs Tomato Can # 14 last night...
                Thank you! Missed the sarcasm!

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
                  HBO and Arum are just mad Rigo Beat down Nonito and pretty much exposed him. Main reason I believe that is because Nonito was and would have been alot easier to turn into a huge star where as Rigo its not automatic cause he doesnt have that nation following to crutch on.

This whole notion of Rigo being boring is hogwash cause he lets his hands go, he was chasing down Nonito and he made Akbeko do a 360. Yes, he can have lulls in fights but everyone does.
                  Agreed!

Comment

It does seem like a MASSIVE grudge!

Comment

So people walking out of the arena what does that tell us

Comment

Working...
                      X