Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steven A Smith beef with Floyd...how can you take Floyd's side here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stephen A Smith is wrong... no one wants to see a Canelo or Cotto rematch... to hell with that... I'd rather see Khan than see Floyd pick apart much slower fighters AGAIN.... I swear... Floyd better not rematch Cotto or Canelo in May...and then cotto-canelo fight in September...or some BS like that....

It'll be very interesting who Floyd chooses to fight... seems like he's getting assaulted by EVERYONE now for his lousy fight choices.... Not even a boxer as a great as Floyd can slip the criticism coming from every and all corners of the boxing world...

Only two fighters can beat Floyd... Lara and Manny... and he'll never fight Lara because it's not a money fight and he'll never fight Manny because he's afraid he'll get hit flush...

Comment

He wasn't talking about a Canelo or Cotto rematch. He said it was OK that he passed up Manny for those two but not OK for Khan. Only mentioned rematch about Canelo gaining more expereince since then.

Im not a fan of First Take but it is interesting that Stephen A, who always praised Floyd, take this stance.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I guess the bolded part pissed him off.
        http://fighthype.com/mayweathernews/story18118.html

BT: During a recent episode of ESPN First Take, Stephen A. Smith made the comment that if you don't fight Manny Pacquiao next, then he would finally admit that you've been the one "avoiding" him all this time. What your take on Stephen's comment?

FM: Listen, I don't give two flying ****s what Stephen A. Smith say. I ain't never seen Stephen A. Smith dribble a basketball, catch a football, or box, so I can give two flying ****s what Stephen A. Smith say. Quote me on that! I repeat, I don't give a **** what Stephen A. Smith gotta say. I ain't never seen Stephen A. Smith dribble a basketball, catch a football, or get in a boxing ring. He's just a critic. Critics only got an opinion, like everybody else. Everybody can always talk like they're a football genius, like they're a basketball genius, or like they're a boxing genius, but we ain't never seen them doing nothing but criticize athletes. So it doesn't matter who I fight. I can fight two duds; at the end of the day, it's about working smarter, not harder, so Stephen A. Smith can go on First Take and say whatever he want to say.

BT: He explained that the reason why he felt so strongly about you fighting Pacquiao next is because other than Cotto or Canelo, he didn't think anyone else deserved an opportunity. He mentioned Amir Khan as an example. He said that Khan got stopped a few fights ago, so he didn't think he deserved the opportunity as much as Manny, who ironically also got knocked out cold a couple of fights ago.

FM: I don't care what Stephen A. Smith say. I guess, what, he's going down in the ESPN Hall of Fame? Last time I checked, with or without Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather is going in the boxing Hall of Fame. I've been dominating this sport for almost 20 years. I'm the only athlete to make a power move to be his own boss. I didn't know that over at ESPN, Stephen A. Smith was a yes man. When they tell him to say yes, he say yes; when they tell him to say no, he say no. At the end of the day, like I said before, I was proud of him with the position that he was in, but I could give two flying ****s really about his opinion. The only way he eat don't make me ****.

If I'm not mistaken, I guess he's changing his tune. He was just in some **** a few weeks ago, so now I guess he wants to be politically correct. He's worrying about being judged. At the end of the day, I don't care who judge me because when it's all said and done, only God can judge me, so I could care less what anybody say. I don't live and fight for Stephen A. Smith. When it's all said and done, Stephen A. Smith has a boss that he has to answer to, you know what I'm sayin'. Floyd Mayweather is his own boss. I move when I want to, I say what I want to say, and I do what I want to do.
        thanks for the hook up I guess i did miss quite a bit....there is so much I can go in on in that response but im not even gonna waste my time....true story

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
          This Smith guy just needs to stfu and stop making any comments about Floyd if he ends up apologizing later. No personnel involved in any media outlet would want to become the focus or become the subject of any news report.

Who tf is he anyway? He changes tune when he sees fit, meaning he has no conviction. Why would you even take a guy like that seriously? He's a nobody, period.
          wow............got cable? got cable? got internet?

Comment

Originally posted by Lalaland View Post
            You think Canelo Cotto rematches are better fights than Khan? are you crazy?

So you'd rather watch Floyd against Canelo (who got schooled and couldn't win more than 2 rounds) and Cotto (whom Floyd already convincingly beat) than Khan, who brings a different style to the table and would probably the only fast fighter Floyd would fight since Judah?

You don't have to like Khan to admit that Floyd vs Khan >>> Floyd vs Canelo/Cotto rematches.

I can't stand khan, but I agree with every word you said

Comment

I like how Screamin A gives his boy an "out" by saying Canelo and Cotto are good rematches...

A cotto rematch is just belt collecting at this point, not befitting someone who calls himself TBE

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                I can't stand khan, but I agree with every word you said
                Cotto Canelo still a better choice than....

Comment

Originally posted by george orwell View Post
                  i like how screamin a gives his boy an "out" by saying canelo and cotto are good rematches...

A cotto rematch is just belt collecting at this point, not befitting someone who calls himself tbe
                  and a khan fight benefits him how?

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                    and a khan fight benefits him how?
                    On this forum, Danny Garcia is an overrated bum. And that overrated bum beat the **** outta Amir Khan. So wtf does that make Khan??? Lol and with no notable wins in recent memory, Khan does nothing for Floyd.

Comment

floyds starting to act like a little *****. im at the point to where i just want to see someone clock him good.

Comment

Working...
                      X