Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steven A Smith beef with Floyd...how can you take Floyd's side here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    did floyd say it was? saying "he has JMM problems" in an interview is not a snag in negotiations. that's like saying manny is blocking the fight because he picked up the phone on Kimmel knowing it wouldn't ring.

Come on BOA.
    Floyd says Manny has JMM problems... Floyd said Khan has Danny Garcia and Prescott problem. If he is to fight Khan, my point would be the JMM issue shouldn't be a roadblock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
      Floyd says Manny has JMM problems... Floyd said Khan has Danny Garcia and Prescott problem. If he is to fight Khan, my point would be the JMM issue shouldn't be a roadblock.
      we agree-my point is-when does NSB get to the point where it stops trying to force fit everything floyd says into one narrative. I know this board is pro manny and anti floyd but geez.

Posters do this than go bat****crazy when a floyd fan does same. Lets just have real discussion. Reality-saying he has problems is the nicest way floyd knows how to needle the opponent.

Comment

• Stephen A Smith called his ass out and said it like it is. Floyd, as usual expects "Yes man" treatment from everyone and only want people to say what he wants to hear. You can't go around talking out of your ass on a daily basis about giving the fans what they want to see, when in fact you get very insecure about discussing the only fight they give a damn about. Floyd needs a serious reality check.

Comment

• That midget even threatened to fire his father because he supports the fight to happen just like every other boxing fans, sports experts, etc, who have waited for five years to see the fight. If that doesn't reeks of insecurity and self-doubt, then i don't know what does. I don't know why he expects everyone to kiss his ass. You can't expect everyone to act like they're on the TMT payroll. The first time when they negotiated for the fight, he had a legit reason to be concerned, but since then, Pacquiao has compromised the role as the B-side when it comes to any discussion.

Comment

• What does any of this have to do with Bob Arum wanting to make the fight? Freddie Roach begging Arum to negotiate the fight. Ariza stating Arum never was going to try and put Manny in with Floyd. Whether that was when Ariza was with Manny or not. All these headlines and blather. Arum knows his negotiation position. That is why he has been spewing for people to not buy FMJ's fights so he has a leg to stand on in negotiations. FMJ is not turning down money, he knows he is going to get his share. The fight is still sold promotion wise. When Arum wants to make the fight, it will happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by IBEN View Post
              Floyd is the draw, he's the money. He's lebron james.

Whatever fight he wants is the fight that gets made. Pacquiao vs Mayweather is a gold mine of revenue. That fight is guaranteed money.

All that needs to happen is for Floyd to green light it and it will sell itself. There are no obstacles because everyone involved will make millions, guaranteed.

There is no other fight out there. Once Pacquiao and Mayweather retire, boxing will probably be dead for a while until another box office superstar shows up to carry the sport. They've been grooming Canelo for that spot, but it has yet to be seen if he can sell a million by himself.

Maybe if he annihalated Trout and Lara, and did better against Floyd(or beat him,) the public would take notice, but that's not what happened.

Al Haymon is the LeBron James of boxing, he controls everything including Floyd himself. All that jammering about floyd being his own boss and this and that is just for publicity, Floyd is just a fighter and he fights who they want him to fight and it's his task to try to justify his team's decisions to the media, decisions he almost had nothing to do with, which is why he contraficts himself all the time

Comment

• Originally posted by MayMosPeaHop View Post
                What does any of this have to do with Bob Arum wanting to make the fight? Freddie Roach begging Arum to negotiate the fight. Ariza stating Arum never was going to try and put Manny in with Floyd. Whether that was when Ariza was with Manny or not. All these headlines and blather. Arum knows his negotiation position. That is why he has been spewing for people to not buy FMJ's fights so he has a leg to stand on in negotiations. FMJ is not turning down money, he knows he is going to get his share. The fight is still sold promotion wise. When Arum wants to make the fight, it will happen.
                TBE is fighting Khan next doe, May 2015, Cinco de Mayo. ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by MayMosPeaHop View Post
                  What does any of this have to do with Bob Arum wanting to make the fight? Freddie Roach begging Arum to negotiate the fight. Ariza stating Arum never was going to try and put Manny in with Floyd. Whether that was when Ariza was with Manny or not. All these headlines and blather. Arum knows his negotiation position. That is why he has been spewing for people to not buy FMJ's fights so he has a leg to stand on in negotiations. FMJ is not turning down money, he knows he is going to get his share. The fight is still sold promotion wise. When Arum wants to make the fight, it will happen.
                  I think Arum is willing to wave the white flag and accept the role as the B-side. He doesn't want Floyd to treat his team like a regular B-side like Maidana and Guerrero were, but that's how Floyd would probably want to treat them in order to feed his ego if he could get away with it. Floyd has all the leverage, he just doesn't want to sign the contract and accept the fight. Floyd would have top billing["Mayweather vs], he'd come out second, he'd probably even get to choose the ring size, etc, he just simply refuses to accept the fight.

I'm okay with him if he doesn't take the fight, but my problem with him and like Stephen A. Smith said is, if you aren't planning to accept the fight that everyone want to see, then don't walk around preaching and promoting about giving the fans what they want to see when in fact you're doing the exact opposite. Fight Khan, Garcia, etc, but don't try to promote those fights as the fights that people desperately want to see because they are not and people have the right to call bull**** when they smell it.
                  Last edited by Carpe Diem; 10-17-2014, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• lol are you guys for real????

the whole thing is an act.. STEPHEN SMITH is on the PAYROll for TMT.. He's just been hired to downplay the Khan fight so that Floyd can DUCK Khan for the 3RD TIME..

Are you guys seriously buying in to this whole BEEF thing? Smith has been a HARDCORE Floyd fan for years - after Floyd struggled with Maidana he realized Khan could beat Floyd so now he's been hired by Floyd to try to downplay how much of a HUGE THREAT Khan is to Floyd.

Floyd has ducked Khan 3 times, you seriously are overlooking the fact that there's a reason behind that and pretending like it didn't happen?

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                      I think Arum is willing to wave the white flag and accept the role as the B-side. He doesn't want Floyd to treat his team like a regular B-side like Maidana and Guerrero were, but that's how Floyd would probably want to treat them in order to feed his ego if he could get away with it. Floyd has all the leverage, he just doesn't want to sign the contract and accept the fight. Floyd would have top billing["Mayweather vs], he'd come out second, he'd probably even get to choose the ring size, etc, he just simply refuses to accept the fight.

I'm okay with him if he doesn't take the fight, but my problem with him and like Stephen A. Smith said is, if you aren't planning to accept the fight that everyone want to see, then don't walk around preaching and promoting about giving the fans what they want to see when in fact you're doing the exact opposite. Fight Khan, Garcia, etc, but don't try to promote those fights as the fights that people desperately want to see because they are not and people have the right to call bull**** when they smell it.
                      I do not believe the bolded section for one second. If we never heard from some of the people on Manny side and I did not know Arums's history, you would have a point. After the MP/Rios fight, Roach was begging Arum to negotiate a fight for MP. That is all I need to confirm what I always have thought on this issue.

I agree with my fellow WSSU Ram Stephen A. Smith that I do not want to see a Khan fight, but I cannot request FMJ to make a fight when the other party(Arum) do not want to negotiate. I am sorry, but I do not believe enough heat has been put on Bob Arum to make the fight. And unfortunately for us fans, Arum has stated and proven through his actions that he does not want to make the fight. Nothing moves with out Arum. It is that simple. Arums statements before FMJ went to jail should have closed the case for everyone that he does not want to make the fight. Yet, most people give him senior citizen pass because they do not like FMJ. Manny has NO POWER, NONE. So, in my opinion, if you really want to see the fight. Put the pressure on Arum to make it.

For everyone - Bob Arum is MP boss - It is

Comment

Working...
                      X