No announcement yet.

Al Haymon's Contracts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icha View Post
    isnt thurman older than canelo? cuz oscar has done much more for canelo than haymon for thurman...
    Yes he is. ODH is a promoter, Haymon is an advisor. Canelo started boxing professionally very early so his career is well ahead of Thurman's.

I agree. I think ODH has done well by Canelo-especially getting him the 114-114 score in the Floyd fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Yes he is. ODH is a promoter, Haymon is an advisor. Canelo started boxing professionally very early so his career is well ahead of Thurman's.

I agree. I think ODH has done well by Canelo-especially getting him the 114-114 score in the Floyd fight.
      thurman has been around for a while now and keeps fighting bums, even if he does get paid well on the long term that is not helping his career... thurman is fighting the same type of bums canelo was fighting on his teens (rhodes, cintron, mosley, etc...)... same goes for broner, they are old enough and dont seem to reach the next level...

Comment

Fighters do not have to sign with Haymon. They do so because Haymon gets his fighters more money.
        Except for Quillon and Wilder you mean?

Comment

thurman has been around for a while now and keeps fighting bums, even if he does get paid well on the long term that is not helping his career... thurman is fighting the same type of bums canelo was fighting on his teens (rhodes, cintron, mosley, etc...)... same goes for broner, they are old enough and dont seem to reach the next level...
          Canelo gets better fights because he has a larger fanbase. Thurman is in the "high risk, low reward" category right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Dudes are signing these contracts and everybody can have legal representation,, you can't blame haymon for being smart

you can if he breaks the law when he does it. i'm not going to pretend to have information yet.

i'll only say that i'm surprised that it's taken this long for inquiries to be made.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
              Except for Quillon and Wilder you mean?
              QUillin is getting his money-although the way it is being done is disgusting.

Roc Nation hasn't bid on the wilder/stivernne fight yet-have they?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                Why do guys sign them..

If you don't like the contracts, don't blame haymon, blame the fighter who signs them and their team (manager, lawyer, etc)

None of these fighters have signed under duress
                So wait it's okay to say "**** Bob Arum, he's a scumbag" because he is ripping off Manny. But Al Haymon has a clause saying that a fighter has no say in who they fight but that's okay? That's not biased or racist at all. I mean Floyd is saying this is why you can't work with Bob Arum he's a crook and the entire time Floyd has his daddy Haymon controlling him like a puppet.

Comment

too much heat for Haymon bet he aint liking this.

Comment

Canelo gets better fights because he has a larger fanbase. Thurman is in the "high risk, low reward" category right now.
                    then haymon needs to do something about it... again fighters get comfty getting big checks and fighting bums but that is not going to help their career in the long term...

Comment

then haymon needs to do something about it... again fighters get comfty getting big checks and fighting bums but that is not going to help their career in the long term...
                      hold on-Its Haymon's fault fighters are turning down fights with Thurman?

Comment

Working...
                      X