No announcement yet.

Al Haymon's Contracts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
    How does my point on PPV make little sense? PPV is the true meaning of a draw, if you are on PPV and making money you have "made it" as a star in boxing. It's very relevant to ask why a guy who has basically full control of Showtime can only manage to have one PPV attraction that HBO and Top Rank built.

And I have no problem with Thurman, you brought it up. My point is still how many guys has Haymon made a star/PPV attraction.
    It is extremely difficult to make a fighter into a PPV attraction. You can make the same argument for every Promoter/Promotional company out there. None of them have created new PPV stars in yeaaars.

Comment

How does my point on PPV make little sense? PPV is the true meaning of a draw, if you are on PPV and making money you have "made it" as a star in boxing. It's very relevant to ask why a guy who has basically full control of Showtime can only manage to have one PPV attraction that HBO and Top Rank built.

And I have no problem with Thurman, you brought it up. My point is still how many guys has Haymon made a star/PPV attraction.
      Very few fighters with 23 fights have been in a headlining ppv fight. That's why it makes little sense. WHat fighters have achieved that standard?

Thurman is not a huge star right now, but he is a top ww fighter and has a "name" in the sport. I think he has done well to this point. if you disagree-so be it.

Haymon/GBP have not built a fighter from the "ground up" into a star other than Canelo.

Again, you haven't told ne why you have frequently complained about the purses for Haymon fighters but are now saying he isn't getting them paydays.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
        Who headlined a PPV is irrelevant unless the names are Pacquaio and Mayweather. Everyone else has had pretty disappointing PPV numbers and for the most part have been permanently demoted to regular HBO or Showtime.
        BWAHAHAHA!!!!!! You do realize that without PPV you couldn't get the $8 million payday that Cotto got against Martinez right? People actually PAY a lot more money to watch a fight on PPV which leads to a SUBSTANTIALLY higher purse. You guys are unreal with your ignorance, it's comical. You say it's all about the fighters that is what Al Haymon does, the fighters best interest.

PPV is the best interest of the fighter because the highest you get paid on HBO/Showtime is $2 million and that's it. At least on PPV you not only get a higher purse because people are paying $75 a pop, you get a PPV percentage, holy ****. So let's use Cotto as an example again... when he fight Trout and Rodriguez he made $2 million a fight. For Martinez he made $8 million... he made twice the amount of money in one night, but yeah, **** PPV because the buy rate and promoters lose money now.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
          It is extremely difficult to make a fighter into a PPV attraction. You can make the same argument for every Promoter/Promotional company out there. None of them have created new PPV stars in yeaaars.
          It is hard, which is why you should avoid Al Haymon. He has never done it while the other guys have.

Comment

BWAHAHAHA!!!!!! You do realize that without PPV you couldn't get the $8 million payday that Cotto got against Martinez right? People actually PAY a lot more money to watch a fight on PPV which leads to a SUBSTANTIALLY higher purse. You guys are unreal with your ignorance, it's comical. You say it's all about the fighters that is what Al Haymon does, the fighters best interest.

PPV is the best interest of the fighter because the highest you get paid on HBO/Showtime is $2 million and that's it. At least on PPV you not only get a higher purse because people are paying $75 a pop, you get a PPV percentage, holy ****. So let's use Cotto as an example again... when he fight Trout and Rodriguez he made $2 million a fight. For Martinez he made $8 million... he made twice the amount of money in one night, but yeah, **** PPV because the buy rate and promoters lose money now.
            what fighter through 23 fights was headlining major ppv's? Tyson-yes. ODH-fought Chavez sr his 22nd fight. anyone else?

Comment

Cotto didn't receive $8 million though. Had the PPV did well, he would have though. But the numbers were bad. The reality is that Cotto was guaranteed $3 million, with the potential of getting up to $7 million. Cotto vs. Martinez pretty much guaranteed that his next fight would be on regular HBO or Showtime unless it's versus another superstar.

PPV is not the successful business model it USED to be. The numbers have been significantly down and continues to spiral down. Bob Arum confirmed this as well. Also, when Cotto fought Trout, he only got $1 million, and it wasn't even PPV. Again, the only two fighters where PPV has been really been profitable are with the last two cash cows, Pacquaio and Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Ledoux View Post
                Jesus this guy is a real crook
                crook? ...you lil ninjas a bunch of lost ninjas...real talk!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  Very few fighters with 23 fights have been in a headlining ppv fight. That's why it makes little sense. WHat fighters have achieved that standard?

Thurman is not a huge star right now, but he is a top ww fighter and has a "name" in the sport. I think he has done well to this point. if you disagree-so be it.

Haymon/GBP have not built a fighter from the "ground up" into a star other than Canelo.

Again, you haven't told ne why you have frequently complained about the purses for Haymon fighters but are now saying he isn't getting them paydays.
                  Why do you keep talking about Thurman. What's your excuse for Berto, Broner, Khan, DSG... That one star GBP has made is still more than the zero Haymon has, that's my point. There is nothing to defend so just stop.

As for Haymon I was never on the bandwagon when he left HBO like a lot of people on here were. I knew he was a bull**** artist from the start, when all I heard was he gets his fighters the most money. That's not smart business, and money is always better when it's fair and equal for everyone because it affects everything. Floyd gets all the PPV money on Showtime, no one else gets to be the star so when he leaves you have literally nothing. Long-term vision is always better than short, sighted, me first thinking.

At least Oscar and Arum... they don't say they get their fighters money first, they say we make fights fans want to watch. Because when fans get fights they want to watch this crazy thing happens where people spend more money and in turn Arum and Oscar make more money. Look at how the PS4/Xbox One launch fiasco happened, MS was ripping people off and charged MORE money but Sony offered more power for less money and they mopped the floor with them. It's not different here, people are tuning out Floyd and tuning in more and more to guys like GGG. Speaking of GGG there is a PPV star in the making, another one by HBO, you can't tell me if doesn't face Chavez, Froch or Ward it doesn't do big numbers ESPECIALLY Chavez.
                  Last edited by Beater_of_ass; 10-14-2014, 03:31 PM.

Comment

It is hard, which is why you should avoid Al Haymon. He has never done it while the other guys have.
                    What you are not understanding is that the OTHER guys have not created new stars in years! There's very little difference. And there's a reason(s) why NONE Of them have been able to create a new PPV star in years.

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                      Cotto didn't receive $8 million though. Had the PPV did well, he would have though. But the numbers were bad. The reality is that Cotto was guaranteed $3 million, with the potential of getting up to $7 million. Cotto vs. Martinez pretty much guaranteed that his next fight would be on regular HBO or Showtime unless it's versus another superstar.

PPV is not the successful business model it USED to be. The numbers have been significantly down and continues to spiral down. Bob Arum confirmed this as well. Also, when Cotto fought Trout, he only got $1 million, and it wasn't even PPV. Again, the only two fighters where PPV has been really been profitable are with the last two cash cows, Pacquaio and Mayweather.
                      No, according to the NYSAC records Cotto was guarnteed 8 million. And guess what... the fight made money you clown because the gate was 5 million. You are telling me the other 375,000 who paid 65 or $75 didn't bring in another 3 million to cover the cost? Oh, by the way this is the same records used to show how much Floyd gets paid so stop trying to spin it with some no proof bull****. You bringing up Cotto's payday against Trout proves my point lmao... He only got 1 million to fight on Showtime, he got at least 8 million to fight on PPV, but... PPV is now crap right lmao.

Comment

Working...
                      X