No announcement yet.

Al Haymon's Contracts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
    That's the thing, they haven't been profiting much with Canelo's numbers. The networks haven't been profiting much with any of these guys numbers unless it's Pacquaio or Mayweather. The profits have been little, or at a loss.

It's part of the reason why there is rumor of Haymon trying to get fighters on regular national TV. That was where the megastars of boxing used to be created. And that was a time when boxing's popularity was at it's highest. But over the years, the Promoters got greedy. Saw more profits with doing the PPV thing. But now that the PPV thing is falling apart, there's concern to make a change.
    sho made close to 10mil on canelo-angulo and that came from schaefers mouth, he did the break out for forbes, if you do that same break out on floyd and include the 32m offer + those super stacked mismatches on his undercard then is hard for sho to come with even numbers...

Comment

That's the thing, they haven't been profiting much with Canelo's numbers. The networks haven't been profiting much with any of these guys numbers unless it's Pacquaio or Mayweather. The profits have been little, or at a loss.

It's part of the reason why there is rumor of Haymon trying to get fighters on regular national TV. That was where the megastars of boxing used to be created. And that was a time when boxing's popularity was at it's highest. But over the years, the Promoters got greedy. Saw more profits with doing the PPV thing. But now that the PPV thing is falling apart, there's concern to make a change.
      They have been profiting because Canelo's purse is only 3-5 million. It's literally 90% less than what Floyd makes and gets about half the buy rate, that's called making money. You are complete tool, I mean truly uneducated type of tool. You are saying PPV sucks (Floyd is the highest paid athlete in the world) while saying NBC Sports is the way to go that's why Al is going back there... BWAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I'm done, you just went full ******.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
        They have been profiting because Canelo's purse is only 3-5 million. It's literally 90% less than what Floyd makes and gets about half the buy rate, that's called making money. You are complete tool, I mean truly uneducated type of tool. You are saying PPV sucks (Floyd is the highest paid athlete in the world) while saying NBC Sports is the way to go that's why Al is going back there... BWAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I'm done, you just went full ******.
        I'm not saying that PPV sucks. I'm saying that the PPV numbers are falling apart. A lot less people are purchasing than before. The numbers show this clearly. That's why Canelo vs. Clottey was scheduled for regular TV instead of PPV. Fact.

If Cotto fought in December, that fight too would have been on regular TV. Also regular NBC Sports is not the way to go. I'm talking regular national TV, like an NFL game, NBA game, or college basketball on ABC, NBC, CBS.
        Last edited by radioraheem; 10-14-2014, 04:24 PM.

Comment

I wasn't trying to say that Arum doesn't work with other Promoters. But generally, he keeps things in-house. He will work with other Promoters, sure. But usually, he'd rather keep it in-house unless he doesn't really have that option. It's just smart business.
          Arum and King for all the dirt they have on them have produced fights the likes of Lewis - Tyson, Tito - DLH and many others.

Let's see when Al Haymon will deliver a big fight with another promotional entity, I mean he has trouble putting big fights when he holds all the pawns so I really don't know...

Comment

Come on man. When Pacquaio fought Bradley, Bradley was literally no more popular than Lara. When Mayweather fought Guerrero, Guerrero was literally no more popular than Lara. And they both still did good numbers.

To casuals on the street, when you ask them to mention a current boxer today, the only people they can think of is Pacquaio and Mayweather. The rest of the boxers are nonexistent. ****ed up, but that's the scenario.
            to even compare bradley to lara ???
            remember pac-rios numbers ??
            guerrero(mexican) was coming of an important win vs berto, not a stinker at all, if lara is known for something is not for entertaining... both guerrero and bradley are bigger than lara as a draw...

Comment

I'm not saying that PPV sucks. I'm saying that the PPV numbers are falling apart. A lot less people are purchasing than before. The numbers show this clearly. That's why Canelo vs. Clottey was scheduled for regular TV instead of PPV. Fact.

If Cotto fought in December, that fight too would have been on regular TV.
              Just a year and a half ago Floyd did 2.2 million buys, now PPV is falling apart lol. No, people are tired of Floyds boring style and don't want to shell out a days work (for a lot of people) to watch a boring or one sided fight. If there is a compelling matchup people will pay it's that simple. Stop making assumptions on boxing because Floyd is doing ****ty, you'll see on May 5.
              Last edited by Beater_of_ass; 10-14-2014, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• Always said this guy is a scumbag. Floyd should fight for Bob again.

Comment

If Cotto fought in December, that fight too would have been on regular TV.
                  Dude the Pay Per View numbers suck because Floyd and Manny have been fighting gimmies or fighters with no mass appeal.

When Floyd and Pac fought Hatton, DLH, Mosley, Cotto the numbers were up.

When Floyd fought Canelo he set the world on fire as far as numbers. However, when he fights Guerrero, Maidana and Pacquiao is fighting Rios and Algieri, what do you expect?

Comment

• Put Haymon away for good, get us the matches we wanna see

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
                      to even compare bradley to lara ???
                      remember pac-rios numbers ??
                      guerrero(mexican) was coming of an important win vs berto, not a stinker at all, if lara is known for something is not for entertaining... both guerrero and bradley are bigger than lara as a draw...
                      Today, Bradley and Guerrero are bigger in terms of popularity. But before they fought Pacquaio and Mayweather? They weren't draws, they weren't popular guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X