No announcement yet.

Hearn should get Joshua these guys next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CLUNG3-TANK View Post
    Chill dude, I never said it was. Personally I'd just rather not see the guy get even more brain damage, I'm not asking you to stop the fight happening. And not just because its Toney, its very sad to see any fighter carrying on in such a state.
    Sorry if I came off harsh,, I didn't intend for it...

Comment

I cant believe people saying AJ should fight journeyman. If he can do it then let him do it id be disappointing if he doesn't fight for the title by the end of next year. Usyk will be fighting for the title in 2-3 fights

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
        Joshua does not need rounds against journeymen. Here's the problem with what you're proposing.

You're assuming that a journeyman, who's boxing ability is vastly inferior compared to Joshua, will be allowed to compete against him for more than a round or two. Bakhtov was not rendered unconscious and unable to continue, he was simply outclassed and over here that is enough to earn a stoppage.

He needs someone who is durable enough to withstand punishment but able enough to avoid it and make Joshua work.
        This. And I think the best names I can think of which usually can provide that are Kevin Johnson, maybe guys like Ustinov...Eddie Chambers could be an option but I think that could be a tough task right now...I still believe Zavorotnyi is a good opponent, and another Ukrainian - Andriy Rudenko, who went 12 rounds with Lucas Browne in last fight and performed quite well...

Comment

No one wants to fight Charr - he's a ducked man.

WBC Champion of the World

Comment

He was supposed to be fighting Zavorotnyi about 5 weeks ago on a cancelled show in ireland i think. I thought that would have really tested him from what I saw of the Price fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
              He was supposed to be fighting Zavorotnyi about 5 weeks ago on a cancelled show in ireland i think. I thought that would have really tested him from what I saw of the Price fight.
              Yeah man, wasn't sure of what was the deal with that as I was sure it was scheduled. They should still get that fight on IMO, would be good after Sprott before going on to some bigger and better things.

Comment

Working...
              X