Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What up-and-coming boxer is most likely to become HW champion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What up-and-coming boxer is most likely to become HW champion?

What I mean is become the REAL champion like Wladimir, not just a beltholder.

Wladimir Klitschko, whose significant other is expecting a baby girl soon, says he will be retiring soon. Who is most likely to replace him as the HW champ?

Discuss.
    Deontay Wilder
    25.45%
    Anthony Joshua
    49.09%
    Bryant Jennings
    0.00%
    Tyson Fury
    5.45%
    Vyacheslav Glazkov
    1.82%
    Andy Ruiz
    3.64%
    Joseph Parker
    3.64%
    Luis Ortiz
    10.91%

The poll is expired.

USYK,Chakhkiev,Pulev,Joshua.

Comment

Luis Ortiz

Comment

Lol, not a very impressive line up there but Wilder will hold the belt a few times and Anthony will hold a few belts for a while

But come on man there will not be a heavyweight as dominant as Wlad for quite a long time.

But I guess Anthony will be considered the man in the future

I saw someone post Ortiz and yes he looks very good but he is too old to be a forced in 5 to 10 years

Comment

When did Wlad say he's retiring soon?

This isn't a very promising lineup. The current belt holders and recent Wlad opponents are better than these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by TotalStud View Post
            When did Wlad say he's retiring soon?
            In an interview on a Ukrainian website a few weeks ago.

Originally posted by TotalStud View Post
            This isn't a very promising lineup. The current belt holders and recent Wlad opponents are better than these guys.
            Lots of talent.

Joshua and Parker look like the best to come along in a long while. Wilder and Jennings have potential too.
            Last edited by The Hammer; 10-11-2014, 08:23 PM.

Comment

(I haven't seen Parker so I'll have to check him out.)

I guess I'd go with Joshua. The late start in boxing kinda makes me wonder about how rooted his fundamentals are but hey he is improving fight to fight.

Personally still believe Fury could beat Wlad head-to-head.... but he is too volatile to have a long run like Wladimir has. Let alone being the global ambassador that he is, I could see Joshua doing his best to fill that role if all goes well.

Comment

I wish i could have picked two. The realistic pick for me is Ortiz. The one that is most likely gonna happen is Wilder. I see a marketing strategy in the making.

Comment

I think I should win this!

Comment

Voted wilder but didn't read the thread... If it's for the real title then I say Joshua..

I think wilder n Joshua will be this generations bowe and Lennox

Comment

Working...
                    X