Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL has loosened up its stance on PEDs should boxing do the same?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL has loosened up its stance on PEDs should boxing do the same?

The NFL changed its policy on performance enhancing drugs recently and multiple suspended players were instantly ruled eligible for competition.

Should boxing do the same?

They loosened the rules for narcotics and actually are testing for HGH for the first time. They've done the exact opposite of loosening their stance on PEDs.

Comment

The NFL loosened its stance on recreational drugs to a certain extent. It hasn't softened its stance on PEDs though. In fact, they have now instituted HGH testing.

The players that had their suspensions reduced were banned for drugs such as marijuana and ecstasy. Players that took PEDs didn't have their suspensions reduced.

Comment

I bet Pac's ko % go back up. Seriously this is boxing and people dont have a helmet to protect them, so HELL NO.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          They loosened the rules for narcotics and actually are testing for HGH for the first time. They've done the exact opposite of loosening their stance on PEDs.
          This. You can openly smoke crank, just can't juice up anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by MRCHOKEaMF View Post
            I bet Pac's ko % go back up. Seriously this is boxing and people dont have a helmet to protect them, so HELL NO.
            Didn't take long for you to being Pacquiao up. Congrats.

Comment

Boxing needs to lay off the pot, not so sure about some other drugs as there would be benefits to some depending on when they were in your system....i.e. a little coke in the corner would be a PED IMO

But pot is just stupid and it seems like the commisions are just trying to play moral policeman, which is weird in a sport like boxing where nothing else morally ambiguous ever takes place.

Comment

This. I saw on Sports Center they were now testing for HGH and other stuff they hadn't before.

Comment

lol you just ended his thread

Comment

I'm definitely not a steroid/HGH expert but I hope people realize that the testing for HGH is a joke and you would likely not get caught using HGH even while being tested. It's apparently only detectable for a short time after injection.

Comment

Working...
                    X