Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Floyd's greatest legacy-defining win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    I'm very partial to the Castillo rematch. He came back in an immediate rematch against a fighter many, including myself, feel he lost to, and he won a clear decision. I think more of it because I feel he lost the first fight.

Plus I think Castillo is the best opponent, taking into consideration not just who but when, that Mayweather ever fought.
    Castillo IMO is the Lightweight of his era.

People say Floyd never beat a HOF'er in their prime. Well IMO that right there is a HOF'er in their prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth. View Post
      It's weak when you put it into context and base it on his skill level.

ODLH, Mosley, Cotto are all good wins but they were all faded and not at their best. Neither was Marquez and he was cheated on the scales.
      Oscar-world champ at 154
      Mosley-lineal champ at 147-#3 p4p
      Cotto-champ at 154
      Juan-#2 p4p

faded?? Cotto is now the lineal mw champion
      and Juan YEARS LATER PUT MANNY TO SLEEP
      Last edited by Larry the boss; 10-04-2014, 05:47 PM.

Comment

He ducked his legacy defining win. He flushed his legacy down the toilet.

But if I had to choose I would say either..

Canelo Alvarez..

or Juan Manuel Marquez.

These were his best wins.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          Oscar-world champ at 154
          Mosley-lineal champ at 147-#3 p4p
          Cotto-champ at 154
          Juan-#2 p4p

faded?? Cotto is now the lineal mw champion
          and Juan YEARS LATER BUT MANNY TO SLEEP
          You can throw these stats around all you like, but none of those guys were in their prime.

Still good fighters of course, just not at their best.

Comment

Floyd has too many career defining fights to name.....Hernandez, de la Hoya, Castillo.....etc. the list is just too long. He is the best of his time.

Comment

all trollin aside, i would say his greatest win was corrales, i believe he was an underdog going into that fight? someone correct me if im mistaken

oscar fight was big

i dont think mayweather will fight at 154 again so there is only one fight out there to eclipse the 2 i mentioned

Comment

Beating Corrales & Castillo in a rematch, ODLH due to the big status at that time. Outside of that, everything else has been meh

Comment

baldomir. that was the fight that defined his legacy as a fraud. runner up goes to retirement. he beat retirement and came back when cotto and marg lost.

Comment

Cotto 2 would top everyone of those above listed. I know he beat him already but if he were to do it again it would mean a title in another division (6). He would be holding 3 titles from 3 different weight classes at the same time (Henry Armstrong is the only other fighter I know of doing this). It would also be for the lineal title.

I have posted this a hundred times in other threads but May should be Mayweather vs Cotto, with Chavez Jr. on the under card (if he is a free agent). If Cotto loses he can still fight Canelo, GGG, etc.

Comment

Corrales
                      Castillo
                      DLH

In that order

Comment

Working...
                      X