Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr Claims Free Agent Status, Top Rank Disagrees

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know Al Haymon is getting ready to sign him.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Most likely the time in which he was injured as well as the time in which he refused fight offers and chose not to fight.
      Probably suspension time as well.

Comment

I find it very interesting that Arum claims that Chavez Jr. owes him one more fight, but Arum has made no attempt to make that fight unless Chavez Jr. was willing to sign an extension.

I believe Chavez Jr. on this and I hope that lawsuit is decided before the end off the year so that he can engage in some quality fights in 2015. If it is decided before the end of the year, we could see Mayweather/Chavez Jr. at 158 in May. I guarantee that fight would push Cotto/Alvarez out of the Cinco De Mayo race and into June of 2015.

Comment

My question is why didn't we hear about this lawsuit two months ago when it was supposedly filed? Why didn't any of these boxing bloggers find out about this and write something about it? Why didn't Arum use his errand boys like Fat Dan Rafael and Steve Kim to write this and slant it in his favor?

My guess is there was no lawsuit filed. However, it will be now that Chavez Jr. is acting independently and not acting like an obedient child to Arum like Manny Pacquaio.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
            I find it very interesting that Arum claims that Chavez Jr. owes him one more fight, but Arum has made no attempt to make that fight unless Chavez Jr. was willing to sign an extension.

I believe Chavez Jr. on this and I hope that lawsuit is decided before the end off the year so that he can engage in some quality fights in 2015. If it is decided before the end of the year, we could see Mayweather/Chavez Jr. at 158 in May. I guarantee that fight would push Cotto/Alvarez out of the Cinco De Mayo race and into June of 2015.
            He was offered the Ggg fight with or without extension. Of course the terms were much better with extension, very generous

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
              This is not true, TopRank presented Chavez Jr with the option of taking the fight without a contract extension, nobody tried strong arming anyone into anything.

Requiring him to sign an extension of his contract to get the money that he deserved is a prime example of strong arming.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                He was offered the Ggg fight with or without extension. Of course the terms were much better with extension, very generous
                That is the definition of strong arming.

Do what I say and you can have all the money you are entitled to. Don't do what I say and you will only get 30 percent of the money you are entitled to receive. You are obviously a person who would settle for the 30 percent. Chavez Jr. is not.
                Last edited by big_james10; 10-03-2014, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  Bob Arum may be a POS but in this case I think he has the law on his side. All he needs to prove is that he offered Jr. legitimate fights (without contract extension) which he turned down.

Apparently he did so - Jr was offered the GGG fight without extension at a rate which would seem to be in line with his last major fight (Maravilla) despite being way below what he would have got if he'd agreed to a contract extension.

In addition there seems to be a dispute over timing - some months ago Arum was claiming Jrs contract ran on til late 2015 (extended, I think, due to his suspension - which is fairly standard), now he seems to be saying Apr 2016 for some reason.

Contradicting yourself is a sure sign that a person is lying about everything they have told you thus far. This alone should tell you that Bob Arum is lying.

Gary Shaw claimed that Tim Bradley was still under contract to him for several more months and for one more fight when Bradley said his contract had expired and he signed with Top Rank. Shaw claimed he would file a lawsuit against Bradley and Top Rank. That lawsuit never materialized because Shaw was lying, just like Bob Arum is now.

Comment

Yeah I doubt anybody will run and try to sign him, this could end up like the Nonito Donaire Situation a few years ago in which GBP thought they had him signed and Arum stepped in and ruined those plans

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                      Lol according to Arum. You sound like you work for Top Rank. Honestly how the heck would you know what they tried to do?
                      I'm going by articles I read here morron, of course nobody knows the exact details except for those actually involved. You're a ****en idiot dude.

Comment

Working...
                      X