No announcement yet.

NSB myth is that all the past ATGs fought everyone and its not the case at all

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
    Lol f uck off man. Fab four fought the fab four four. Talking about Pryor when he was at 140 and the myth that Leonard ducked him has been debunked time and time again. "Michael Nunn, Sumbu Kalambay or Mike McCallum"....really?! Log off bro.
    I never said Leonard ducked anyone.....do you lack reading comprehension?

I said the fab 4 not fighting them does not and should not take away from their legacies

Have you ever saw McCallum, Kalambay, or Nunn fight.....So you think a 6'1" middleweight with a 77" reach a good chin, speed and power like Nunn would not trouble Hearns, Duran, Leonard, or Hagler?

They are human and not Gods dude....lay off the crack....form your own opinion and get your head out of the clouds

If you actually read you would realize I never said anyone ducked anyone

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post

I said the fab 4 not fighting them does not and should not take away from their legacies

Have you ever saw McCallum, Kalambay, or Nunn fight.....So you think a 6'1" middleweight with a 77" reach a good chin, speed and power like Nunn would not trouble Hearns, Duran, Leonard, or Hagler?

They are human and not Gods dude....lay off the crack....form your own opinion and get your head out of the clouds

Unfortunately I have read your horrible threads. For someone who claims to know so much about boxing you make the worst topics.

Comment

yes ducking has been practiced since the start of modern boxing but fraud jr made a science out of it. he holds the record of ducking more than all of the professional fighters combined.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
          Unfortunately I have read your horrible threads. For someone who claims to know so much about boxing you make the worst topics.
          simple solution.....don't read my threads, respond to them or go to another thread.

Oh My bad this isn't Non Stop Boxing....its Non stop Pacquiao, Mayweather, and Golovkin

Comment

Oh My bad this isn't Non Stop Boxing....its Non stop Pacquiao, Mayweather, and Golovkin
            You're talking about Mayweather and Pacquiao in this very thread you dolt.

Comment

Can't compare the Fab Four not fighting Nunn, Maccullum, and Kalambay to Floyd not fighting Margarito, PAC-Man, and Paul Williams.

Those guys were on they way out, Floyd had just hit his prime. Instead of fighting his way to number one he retired and waited until they killed each other, returned cherry picked and talked his way into it.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                Can't compare the Fab Four not fighting Nunn, Maccullum, and Kalambay to Floyd not fighting Margarito, PAC-Man, and Paul Williams.

Those guys were on they way out, Floyd had just hit his prime. Instead of fighting his way to number one he retired and waited until they killed each other, returned cherry picked and talked his way into it.
                he retired as the lineal champion...he was already the number one guy and still is today after coming back

A 30 year old with nearly 100 amateur fights, nagging injuries, and nearly 40 pro fights having fought in 5 weight classes is not prime.

When he retired in 07 Margarito lost to Williams and his best win was over then-prospect and title holder Cintron....Hatton and DLH were established stars and actually were real world champions in their careers.
                Pacquaio didn't move up to ww til he had already been retired a full year....you know as well as I do that arum didn't want COTTO to fight Floyd yet....ironically soon as he left Top Rank the fight was made.

I like your revisionist history bro

Mayweather said he planned on retiring by the age of 30 long ago and if you actually follow boxing you would know that....Amir Khan said the same thing.

This is not a Mayweather thread or a Pacquaio thread....its about boxing in general
                Last edited by therealpugilist; 09-30-2014, 08:49 PM.

Comment

he retired as the lineal champion...he was already the number one guy and still is today after coming back

A 30 year old with nearly 100 amateur fights, nagging injuries, and nearly 40 pro fights having fought in 5 weight classes is not prime.

When he retired in 07 Margarito lost to Williams and his best win was over then-prospect and title holder Cintron....Hatton and DLH were established stars and actually were real world champions in their careers.
                  Pacquaio didn't move up to ww til he had already been retired a full year....you know as well as I do that arum didn't want COTTO to fight Floyd yet....ironically soon as he left Top Rank the fight was made.

Mayweather said he planned on retiring by the age of 30 long ago and if you actually follow boxing you would know that....Amir Khan said the same thing.

This is not a Mayweather thread or a Pacquaio thread....its about boxing in general
                  Sorry but as soon as I read a few lines of your initial post, I knew that this was ALL ABOUT FLOYD!!!!

Comment

If a fighter has over 100 fights near 90% of their competition is bad to marginal

Today is a different era and fighters are being moved a bit faster and fight fewer fights because they get paid better than fighters of the past

Sugar Ray Robinson is considered by many to be the greatest fighter of all time and his resume and competition level is not even in the top ten. He also never faced a prime ATG at welterweight.At welterweight, the only great fighters he fought were Gavilan who was pre prime and Armstrong who was past it but still pretty good. Its not his fault, you can only fight who is available in your era and politics often get in the way, just as they do today.

He turned pro in 1940 and fought between 147-160 in an era that had the black murderers row like Aaron wade, Cocoa Kid, Holman Williams, Charley Burley, Eddie Booker, Bert Lytell etc.....him not facing those guys should not and does not take away from what he has done

Mayweather and Pacquiao has not fought yet but it is not the only big fight that did not happen.....None of the fab 4 fought Aaron Pryor, Michael Nunn, Sumbu Kalambay or Mike McCallum between 147-160 and all are still considered ATG'S....Trust me if they had to face all four, some if not all would come away with a lose

We have been lucky to see ATG like Roy Jones, Hopkins, Toney, Mayweather, and Pacquaio in our closing era....lets enjoy them while we have them and judge them for what they have done and not for what they have not done
                    The problem is how you express your opinion. You are illogical. Take your first statement: You would have people believe that by virtue of fighting regularly, it is a logical conclusion that the competition must be less able....WHATEVER you believe about the old timers....they certainly mixed it up with each other and even if they were vastly inferior (assuming so for the sake of argument), there was no lack of competition due to the regularity of their fighting schedule.

Your second statement assumes that virtually because of a difference in pay, fighters fight less and.....are moved along quickly. What possible proof do you have of this assertion? There are perhaps more than one reason for changes in fighters schedules and peak levels....Also check inflation...the superstars of the day did better than you think, thats a fact.

Your understanding of what you consider ducking is your opinion....god bless. There will always be certain manipulations and fixes in the ring. Mayweather does himself no favors when he sets up a contest where the ring, ref, judges, gloves are all designed to give him an advantage....I can't recall the sugar man ever going that far for financial gain vis a vis to win a fight.

Comment

It's obvious you're not a fan of the sport but instead a fan of Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X