Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Would it Take For YOU to Consider Floyd Jr "TBE"??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobby Shmurda View Post
    i disagree with this. he has a very good resume, he is a great fighter. chances are u cant find 50 fighters who have accomplished more. and that makes him a great fighter.
    Big up his so-called accomplishments and I'll still name 50 greater fighters.

Floyd's stats are built on bull****.

Go for it.... Let's see these stats and how they make Floyd Great.

Give me a list of 50 fighters and tell me how floyd is greater then those 50 fighters.

I have a 50 List, but I want to see your's.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
      had he fought and beaten a prime margarito, prime cotto, prime williams, prime mosley and prime pacquiao then maybe you can make an argument for him to be TBE.
      Originally posted by Bobby Shmurda View Post
      he has zero chance. nothing he can physically do in the ring right now will get him that title. there just arent enough great fighters out there nor is he at an age where he can beat guys at like mw and higher.
      Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
      It's too late now. He missed out on fighting a bunch of WW's in their primes. I'd still give him credit if he fought and beat Pac now, but Pac isn't the same fighter anymore so it doesn't hold as much weight on his resume
      Originally posted by fallen_ego View Post
      Bingo....the TBE ship has sailed
      Originally posted by racer59 View Post
      That ship has sailed. There is nothing he can do that would make fair, objective, reasonable and knowledgeable individuals consider him The Best Ever.
      In retrospect, I should have said "Top 10 ATG" or something, "TBE" is pretty absurd.

Comment

He would be considered up there with the best had he fought and beaten Pacquiao around 2009/2010. He would have had a lot more respect from everybody.

Shame it never happened for whatever reasons but it will probably always be the biggest talking point when we look back on his history, even though he has fought and beaten a lot of good fighters. It was a big missed opportunity, especially seeing as i think Floyd would have won.

You can't just go around calling yourself TBE, you have to dare to be. When it comes to skills, he could compete in any era but he didn't dare to be great and prove he was above the rest.

Still, he will wheel out this TBE quote and some will believe it. If you through enough s.h.i.t, some sticks.

Comment

he can't be tbe, it's too late, but it would have helped alot had he ever faced any primed atg's, the best guys on his resume were way past prime(hoya, mosley) or fat(marquez)

look at roy jones, against a good fighter we were reminded he is long shot when he got sparked but against the likes of jeff lacy(any of those fights inbetween really when he still had some athleticism) he looks like he still had something left, but it all gets shut down quickly when your facing better opposition, with mayweather he doesn't need someone that bad for him to keep up his illusion of "tbe" because he's not quite as shot, but even in his prime he has never really fought anyone so we never got to see how good he was, just how physically talented he was and the cool moves he could pull off against this weak opposition

Comment

awesome poll...:qqq:

Comment

Originally posted by Laddie_Loc View Post
              Big up his so-called accomplishments and I'll still name 50 greater fighters.

Floyd's stats are built on bull****.

Go for it.... Let's see these stats and how they make Floyd Great.

Give me a list of 50 fighters and tell me how floyd is greater then those 50 fighters.

I have a 50 List, but I want to see your's.
              u are welcome to name 50 greater fighters. never said it couldnt be done. but it wont be easy and in many cases said fighters will be very arguable against floyds accomplishments.

Comment

- let his opponents wear their own gloves, not gloves with extra padding that he chooses

- not use a home referee and hand-picked judges

- to not demand catch weights over a fighter in a division where he has a belt

- fight opponents IN THEIR PRIME, not wait until they have been previously beaten several times and are faded like Mosley, Cotto and De La Hoya

- to not have ducked Margarito in 2006

- to not have "retired" because the welterweight division was too hot for him with guys like Williams, prime Cotto, and still-good Mosley

- to have fought people like Tszyu, Casamayor and Forrest instead of guys like Mitchell

- to not be afraid to fight bigger opponents (Greb was a middleweight who fought heavyweights, Langford who was smaller (shorter and had less reach than Floyd) started at lightweight but fought everybody including heavyweights

- to fight a decent opponent in a foreign country at least once or twice in his career (to have fought Hatton in England, or Castillo in Mexico City)

- to move down in weight when he's fighting a smaller opponent instead of making the boxer move up (Fight Hatton at 140 and JMM at 135)
                Last edited by The Hammer; 09-30-2014, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Can't be done. Impossible.

He's an ATG. One of (if not the) fighters of his era but he'll never do enough to be the best or even a Top 15 ATG, IMO.

Too many greats that did much more and beat better fighters.

Comment

if only i had more karma to spread around...

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
                      - let his opponents wear their own gloves, not gloves with extra padding that he chooses

- not use a home referee and hand-picked judges

- to not demand catch weights over a fighter in a division where he has a belt

- fight opponents IN THEIR PRIME, not wait until they have been previously beaten several times and are faded like Mosley, Cotto and De La Hoya

- to not have ducked Margarito in 2006

- to not have "retired" because the welterweight division was too hot for him with guys like Williams, prime Cotto, and still-good Mosley

- to have fought people like Tszyu, Casamayor and Forrest instead of guys like Mitchell

- to not be afraid to fight bigger opponents (Greb was a middleweight who fought heavyweights, Langford who was smaller (shorter and had less reach than Floyd) started at lightweight but fought everybody including heavyweights
                      You always get corrected about Langford having a shorter reach than Mayweather and you still continue to post it.

Langford had a longer reach than Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X