Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring Back Antonio Tarver to Showtime! and Gus Johnson!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gus Johnson is on Fox now so he will have nothing to do with CBS. That means Showtime looses the best announcer they ever had in the process.

Comment

People like Gus now that he's gone? He wasn't any good as a boxing guy. He's a general sports announcer. He was never any good at calling boxing or mma. At least Mauro is knowledgeable about the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        Far hood is fine for what he does. But mauro or whatever his name is gets kinda annoying
        Mauro is too hyped up, jesus 4

Gus sucked, he was a generic commentator, had no idea about boxing.

Paulie is pretty good, although I liked Tarver.

HBO should get rid of Ward, hire Chris Byrd or someone else.

Comment

How that Mauro dude got that job is beyond me. He is terrible and sounds like a carnival barker or something.

I miss Larry Merchant, as crabby as he could get, the guy was old school and knew his stuff....how long has he been around the sport?

I'm also not a fan of Paulie, I'd take Tarver over him any day.

Comment

Tarver was the best at Showtime, but in a way, I'm glad he's not there having his name tarnished by what that channel has become now. The team of Steve Alberts, Antonio Tarver, and (yuck) Al Bernstein was much better than the crap on there today.

Comment

Paulie is very, very good but Tarver was exceptional. Gus Johnson was crap.

Comment

Bernstein really knows his stuff, can't say the same for mauro ranallo

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
                  Bring Back Antonio Tarver to Showtime! and Gus Johnson!

Them 2 paired with Al is one of the best commentating team!

Paulie boring, farhood boring.

PS: while we at it bring back Larry Merchant to HBO fuck Andre ward boring ass too.
                  I was going to green K you but you dissed Andre Ward so you aren't getting green k'd.

Comment

If Mayweather and Pacquiao fight, I want to hear Gus Johnson be the voice of the fight.

Comment

Paulie is great, that'd suck if Showtime replaced him. I do think Gus Johnson is much better than whoever the blow by blow guy is now.

And **** Merchant, has anyone heard him lately? My glob he's bad. Andre Ward is getting better in that role, and at least he knows what he's talking about.

Comment

Working...
                      X