Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan vs Maidana now - how would it turn out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd favor Maidana now. Didn't Maidana have Khan hurt and hanging on the first fight in the later rounds?

I could see something like Khan vs Garcia going down.

Comment

Same outcome!

12:06 was the punch that won Khan the fight, made Maidana respect his punch and also stopped him coming forward like a bull he is.

Problem was Floyd could not hurt Maidana and that was the problem, same with Broner apart from one of the last rounds were he did hurt Maidana and stopped him in the tracks but at that time it was too late.

Comment

I think it'd go pretty much the same. The only question is whether Khan hangs on when hurt again or if Maidana finishes the job the second time around.

Comment

Same outcome. Close but clear win for Khan with some chinny moments in between.

Also, I believe Khans chin is better at 147. Dudes a fatass in between fights.

Comment

Khans new defensive arsenal?

haha "arsenal"

He was in serious trouble against Diaz and Collazo hurt him. If no one picked to win is not because he beat monsters, but because that's how low people think of Khan these days.

He essentially hugs and clinches his way. Chino would sky hook him and end him. Khan's chin is shot

Comment

Originally posted by InvalidUserID View Post
              I'd favor Maidana now. Didn't Maidana have Khan hurt and hanging on the first fight in the later rounds?

I could see something like Khan vs Garcia going down.
              Yes. Khan fans have selective memory. If any other top fighter from today's era would have been put to sleep by Prescott and Garcia, and seriously hurt by a bunch of others, he would have no appeal left.

But Khan is fun!

Comment

I'd go with Maidana, jabs more, gets low, counters better. Khan doesn't take punches well, not as well as he used to, not that he's ever been able to either.

Comment

Originally posted by B0XEO View Post
                  Same outcome. Close but clear win for Khan with some chinny moments in between.

Also, I believe Khans chin is better at 147. Dudes a fatass in between fights.
                  Close but clear win??? I think they are two different things.

Comment

Maidana has improved tremendously and Khan seems to have gone downhill in the last few years. Maidana might have won the first fight with a less bias referee. In a rematch Maidana would win by KO within a few rounds in my opinion.

Comment

It'll actually be easier this time around for Khan

He will not take risks, in and out, do what he did in the first fight, but with more clinching ala Devon, more shots to the body, possibly stop Maidana

Maidana will be frustrated

Unlike Floyd, Khan doesnt stand still, he keeps moving

Comment

Working...
                      X