Collapse
No announcement yet.

George Groves vs Christopher Rebrasse RBR Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think groves expected to blast him out early and then when he couldn't do that he just coasted on autopilot against a guy who didn't offer much offensively. hopefully just an off night.

Comment

• Groves got hit a lot. Against a guy who has weak punching power, like Rebrassé it's okay, but against Dirrell I don't know. I thought it's 50-50 but after Groves today production maybe I give the edge to Dirrell. He is definitely more technical than Rebrasse and has pops in his hands. But it's still a 55-45 fight or something but now I think Dirrell's chances would be slightly better.

Comment

• 'World class performance'

What the fuck is that shit...

No body work, he used to throw a jab to the body, didn't utilise distance properly and kept 'jumping' in and tucking under Rebrasse's guard yet didn't throw uppercuts. That was more like a glorified sparring session, he normally boxes very well bringing 'em onto his right. Didn't even look like the same fighter, I hope it was just an off night...

Comment

• By the way, there is more boxing on Channel 5 ma Brit homies.

If you go onto C5 +1, it's just started.

Galahad and Etches fighting.

Comment

• the whole thing was embarrassing tbh

pre fight to the ring walk to the commentary to the fight

utterly embarrassing

i turned it off and watched the kid galahad fight when i realised my bet wasnt coming through.

awful.

Comment

• that was good

Comment

• Damn, Froch just shut him down. He still hates Groves lol.

Comment

• ****ing hell this guy loves the sound of his own voice.

Lol Froch just put him in his place

Comment

• Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                    'World class performance'

What the fuck is that shit...

No body work, he used to throw a jab to the body, didn't utilise distance properly and kept 'jumping' in and tucking under Rebrasse's guard yet didn't throw uppercuts. That was more like a glorified sparring session, he normally boxes very well bringing 'em onto his right. Didn't even look like the same fighter, I hope it was just an off night...
                    It was pretty irritating. It's boxing 101 that when you have an opponent with a tough high guard, you go to the body to make him drop his hands. The jab to the body followed by a right hook to the head could've done wonders. The left hook to the body was there. He didn't use his brain enough and made the fight much harder than what it could've been.

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
                      the whole thing was embarrassing tbh

pre fight to the ring walk to the commentary to the fight

utterly embarrassing

i turned it off and watched the kid galahad fight when i realised my bet wasnt coming through.

awful.
                      LOL but it was just a comeback fight what were you expecting.

Comment

Working...
                      X