Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What exactly are the "big fights" we are going to get from GBP working with TR?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exactly are the "big fights" we are going to get from GBP working with TR?

We all know Golden Boy has an stacked stable of fighters but what does Top Rank really has to offer for matchups?

There is of course the holy grail. Mayweather/Pacquiao. There is also Chavez Jr/Canelo and Cotto/Canelo... but what other fights would be as "big" as those?

Are people really dying to see Tim Bradley, a guy with 12 KOs fight Golden Boy fighters? Mike Alvarado? Diego Chavez? a semi retired Juan Manuel Marquez?

The only reason i want this "cold war" to end is because Mayweather/Pacquiao. other than that i could really not give a fck.

Top Rank is a rotten house right now and Oscar is doing Arum a favor imo. Golden Boy could of just let TR die out.

Originally posted by jose.sooto View Post
    Top Rank is a rotten house right now and Oscar is doing Arum a favor imo. Golden Boy could of just let TR die out.
    i said that too.. now if it was the other way around id bet money that arum wouldnt wanna help a sinking GBP

Comment

Not too many because that dip**** Al Haymon is bogarding most of the boxers, and matching them up with tomato cans.

Comment

You can mix and match and create a lot of fun fights.

Bradley/Khan
        Rios/Matthysse
        Bradley/Danny Garcia
        JMM/Maidana
        Pacquiao/Khan
        Donaire/Mares

Even lower level fights

Berto/Alvarado
        Josesito Lopez/Alvarado
        Peterson/Vargas

Comment

Garcia/Thurman vs Paquiao would be fun or any fight involving rios,provonikov, mathyse or maidana fighting each other would be Wars.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
            i said that too.. now if it was the other way around id bet money that arum wouldnt wanna help a sinking GBP
            I think Oscar just let his emotions get in the way, Richard wanted Golden Boy to be the one and only boxing powerhouse as it is right now but De La Hoya wanted to make a bold statement that he was the boss.

I actually think Bob Arum is taking a big risk, what if Canelo beats Chavez Jr? what if Khan,Garcia or Matthysse beat Bradley? what if Floyd beats Pac? these are all serious possibilities and TR would be in an even worst position than it is right now.

Comment

We all know Golden Boy has an stacked stable of fighters but what does Top Rank really has to offer for matchups?

There is of course the holy grail. Mayweather/Pacquiao. There is also Chavez Jr/Canelo and Cotto/Canelo... but what other fights would be as "big" as those?

Are people really dying to see Tim Bradley, a guy with 12 KOs fight Golden Boy fighters? Mike Alvarado? Diego Chavez? a semi retired Juan Manuel Marquez?

The only reason i want this "cold war" to end is because Mayweather/Pacquiao. other than that i could really not give a fck.

You're an idiot.

The cold war doesn't even need to end if only Haymon protected fighters fight each other. At least TR fighters fight each other and they don't have Salkas, Karasses, Diazes over there.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
                You're an idiot.

The cold war doesn't even need to end if only Haymon protected fighters fight each other. At least TR fighters fight each other and they don't have Salkas, Karasses, Diazes over there.
                The thing is, mike alvarado, brandon rios, diego chavez are all on the same level as soto karass and julio diaz so what's your point?

Comment

The thing is, mike alvarado, brandon rios, diego chavez are all on the same level as soto karass and julio diaz so what's your point?
                  You're an idiot.

Rios vs Mayweather poll

And this is only Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
                    You can mix and match and create a lot of fun fights.

Bradley/Khan
                    Rios/Matthysse
                    Bradley/Danny Garcia
                    JMM/Maidana
                    Pacquiao/Khan
                    Donaire/Mares

Even lower level fights

Berto/Alvarado
                    Josesito Lopez/Alvarado
                    Peterson/Vargas
                    Im sorry but im just not interest in seeing "brandon rios". Other than that these are all def good fights buuut i would not be mad if they did not happen at the same time Khan can fight Broner instead of Bradley. AB can move but he has actual punching power unlike Bradley. Matthysse can fight his countryman Chino Maidana instead of C level punching bag Brandon Rios. Danny Garcia can fight Mayweather, Peterson, Alexander or Thurman instead of Bradley. Marcos Maidana can go for the Broner rematch instead of a fight with 40 year old Marquez.

Comment

Working...
                    X