No announcement yet.

The decision against vasquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The decision against vasquez

I'm surprised not enough has been made of this. Dodgy scorecards have been rampant this year. First garcia-Herrera then Lara- canelo (I still feel canelo won but that scorecard was dead wrong) and now this? What can be done to stop this or at least cut down on dodgy scorecards

That wide scorecard was insane. one of the worst i've ever witnessed since i have been watching. I was in shock before i even heard which fighter it was in favour of.

I haven't rewatched any of the reading of the cards but i am pretty certain even Bey was shocked at it until they read his name out and he celebrated.

Comment

Yeah, neither side really seemed to know who would win. I'm willing to admit I was wrong about bey. He did very well against Vasquez and it was a close fight which either could have won so I have no issue with bey being named champion. But it was a shocking scorecard. Even if it was in vasquez's favour I would be disgusted but on the boxnation coverage Steve bunce was horrified. He even apologised to viewers that they had to see that.

Comment

Between people being so disgusted by the fight itself and then later the job Kenny Bayless did, Robert Hoyle is being forgotten. He definitely joins the ranks with Lisa Giampa & CJ Ross as either corrupt or incompetent. At any rate, those three should not be allowed to judge ever again.

Comment

There's always at least that one judge who doesn't actually score the fight. They have that fighter to score for, and they do so regardless of what happens in the ring.

I don't care how **** Miguel Vazquez is, screwing a fighter like that is wrong.

Comment

There was four rounds where Bey only landed 4 punches.

I had Vasquez winning that fight 8 rounds to 4. The 119-109 scorecard was among the worst I have ever seen. That almost belongs up there with the twonks who had Rios beating Abril by a landslide.

Comment

was a clear robbery

Comment

There was nothing "clear" about that fight. Just that clearly, the fans lost. My dad, friends, and I all agreed the fight should be a draw even before it was over because it was so terrible and neither fighter should have been declared the winner. Every one was in agreement that the fight being put on as the undercard of a big PPV was a mistake. Such a crap fight, please Terrence Crawford fight Bey and unify the titles. LW just sucks right now. I think Vazquez would find a way to have a bore fest even against the most exciting fighter at 135, Omar Figueroa.

Before anyone calls a GBP/TMT fan, I felt exactly the same for Lara-Canelo. I thought the fight was a draw but was happy Canelo got the W because of the way Lara fought. And I predicted Lara would win, and preferred Lara but not like that.
                Last edited by -Kev-; 09-14-2014, 02:25 PM.

Comment

There was a reason Al haymon signed Vasquez

Comment

robbery, clearly, one sided ugly fight in my opinion but it is what is is for foreigners fighting in the states on american television against american fighters

Comment

Working...
                    X