Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Naseem Hamed the most exciting fighter of the 90's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Naseem Hamed the most exciting fighter of the 90's?

It could be argued that Naseem brought the kinda excitement to the lighter divisions in the 90's, that Tyson brought to the world of boxing in the 80's. Naz had the most original and exciting entrances, constantly caused controversy and was P4P one of the biggest punchers in the game...he also paved the way for fighters in the lighter divisions to make more money. Hamed-Kelley was an all time classic. He unified the division and remained undefeated throughout the 90's, again similar to Tyson in the 80's.

Before the hate starts, this is not saying he was the best, but perhaps the most exciting?

What are your opinions?

I liked his ring entrances and the flip he used to do lol.. I was also happy when he got his azz kicked by MAB...he was the Adrien Broner of the 90's for me at least.

Comment

Idk I think Rjj or Tito maybe but the prince is up ther

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
        I liked his ring entrances and the flip he used to do lol.. I was also happy when he got his azz kicked by MAB...he was the Adrien Broner of the 90's for me at least.
        Lawlswut?

The comparison to AB is completely insane. AB arguably lost to 3 mediocre fighters before eventually getting a loss on his record. Naz knocked guys out who were bigger than him and who he wasn't supposed to knock out.

And I would say he's up there. He was my personal favourite alongside Roy Jones Jr in the 90s, so I'd be very biased, but you had to watch his fights then. It was all out excitement.

Comment

I would probably say he was the main reason I became a hardcore boxing nerd. My favourite fighter of all time. He had everything.

A piece of boxing died when he retired so young.

Comment

Naz was a boxer, an entertainer, an athlete and also a very smart individual.

To me he is a boxing great and why people hate him I will never understand.

Comment

He was very exciting. I wish I got into boxing when he was around. I basically got into right when Naseem took the exit and Pacquiao walked thru the door.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                He was very exciting. I wish I got into boxing when he was around. I basically got into right when Naseem took the exit and Pacquiao walked thru the door.

what a crazy transition...i remember Mayorga was also making noise when PAC came on

Comment

I'd say Roy because Roy made me a boxing fan. Hamed was a hell of a lot of fun, though.

Comment

if you're a bit of a hardcore boxing fan, then yes, but to the general public, it could be RJJ.

Comment

Working...
                    X