Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Roman Gonzalez be in the top 10 P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    y andate a la verga.
    No one in boxing is doing what he's doing, mowing down top competition. He's doing what ggg is doing but to the best guys around. You have akira listed as one of your favourite fighters so I'm assuming you rate him highly, roman destroys him and you think someone's a dickrider if they have him in the top five?

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      He was top 10 before today's fight. The argument is whether he should be top 5 at this stage. Especially with Andre Ward likely to drop out of the rankings due to one year of inactivity.
      I'd have Floyd, Manny, Rigo, and Ward ahead of him but after that there's a case to be made for him.

Also I don't buy this thing about flyweights not being worthy of the P4P list because they're too small. If the likes of Barrera and Morales weren't too small to be p4p ranked at 122lbs I don't see how that 10lb difference is somehow unacceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        I'd have Floyd, Manny, Rigo, and Ward ahead of him but after that there's a case to be made for him.

Also I don't buy this thing about flyweights not being worthy of the P4P list because they're too small. If the likes of Barrera and Morales weren't too small to be p4p ranked at 122lbs I don't see how that 10lb difference is somehow unacceptable.

Why would you have Rigo above Gonzales? Rigo beat the best in 1 division. Gonzales has beat the best in 3 divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          tunney, is povetkin a good fighter?

do you think he'd be a contender in the 70's or 90's?
          Without a doubt.

If his name was Jermell Jones from Philadelphia, would you then consider him to be a good HW?

He has the best amateur record of all-time at super heavyweight, winning something like 12 gold medals. That shows excellent consistency. And he's done well as a pro, despite declining for awhile due to the negative influence of Teddy Atlas.

Comment

Wow. Hell of a fight by both men. The start of round 9 was electric.

The respect shown during the fight was great. Glad clinching wasn't an issue. That fight deserved HBO/Showtime in Vegas.

Gonzalez is a top p4p fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by B0XEO View Post
              Why would you have Rigo above Gonzales? Rigo beat the best in 1 division. Gonzales has beat the best in 3 divisions.
              This is a good point, Gonzalez has to leapfrog Rigo in the rankings now based on the quantity of good victories.

Comment

So he beats a guy that had 20 wins and 3 losses and he belongs in the top 5 P4P?

First of all, where the hell do you even watch these fights live on TV? Are they even available for the naked eye to watch?

I always thought they were just made up weights and names for Boxrec to fill out under Super Bantam and they make up wins and losses as they go(joke).

Seriously, you can't even watch these guys fight. How is anyone down there going to be top P4P.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  So he beats a guy that had 20 wins and 3 losses and he belongs in the top 5 P4P?

First of all, where the hell do you even watch these fights live on TV? Are they even available for the naked eye to watch?

I always thought they were just made up weights and names for Boxrec to fill out under Super Bantam and they make up wins and losses as they go(joke).

Seriously, you can't even watch these guys fight. How is anyone down there going to be top P4P.
                  The videos of his fights are easily available.

Last edited by The Hammer; 09-05-2014, 09:04 PM.

Comment

It's called the Internet, genius.

Comment

20-3 is not a bad record. Vasyl Lomachenko is 2-1 and a world champ.

Comment

Working...
                      X