Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Roman Gonzalez be in the top 10 P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    klitschko's opponents suck, but i still have him in my top five p4p. i was tempted to drop wladdy after the povetkin, fight. i won't lie. he looked old, and the clinching was just absurd. a complete fighter shouldn't have to do that against a pleb like povetkin. take a step back or to the side. maybe try and fight inside. dont' just hold him every single time. it makes you look like garbage, and HW causes me to question the chin.
    "pleb like Povetkin"

That's an ignorant, stupid comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
      "pleb like Povetkin"

Nice avatar, man. WAR Pulev!

Comment

his one win against estrada is greater than anything the rest of the top ten p4p have done in AWHILE.

to say gonzalez isn't at least #4 p4p is just being crazy. i think if he beats the winner of estrada vs segura he deserves to be put at #2 p4p. but since the boxing media fail to look at the lower weight classes like they fail to look at heavyweight (and give wlad his respect) then he will forever stay at the very bottom of the top ten.

gonzalez p4p is truly a legend. he does NOTHING wrong and he has consistently been beating the best #1 or #2 guys in his division.

gonzalez is already a lock for the hall of fame imo.

Originally posted by New England View Post
        the fact remains that those divisions are rarely filled with great talent. men of that size with genuine athletic ability [speed, power] are rare.

i'd need to look at his opponents more. the ones i have seen haven't been much to write home about.

still, gonzalez is a very good fighter. he's dominant over men of his size. that's what a p4p fighter does.

klitschko's opponents suck, but i still have him in my top five p4p. i was tempted to drop wladdy after the povetkin, fight. i won't lie. he looked old, and the clinching was just absurd. a complete fighter shouldn't have to do that against a pleb like povetkin. take a step back or to the side. maybe try and fight inside. dont' just hold him every single time. it makes you look like garbage, and HW causes me to question the chin.
        Last edited by Divine Hammer; 09-05-2014, 02:15 PM.

Comment

According to The Ring he's been Number 9 on the P4P list for almost three months.

Comment

He was top 10 before today's fight. The argument is whether he should be top 5 at this stage. Especially with Andre Ward likely to drop out of the rankings due to one year of inactivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
              "pleb like Povetkin"

i've seen good HW boxers. have you?

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                He was top 10 before today's fight. The argument is whether he should be top 5 at this stage. Especially with Andre Ward likely to drop out of the rankings due to one year of inactivity.
                Pretty much.

Comment

tunney, is povetkin a good fighter?

do you think he'd be a contender in the 70's or 90's?

Comment

I had him in the top 10 before today, now I have him in the top 5.

Comment

I can allow him on a top 10p4p list but at exactly 10 for now, any higher is criminal and criminally insane. 5 or higher y andate a la verga.

Comment

Working...
                      X